3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   Carmen Electrca's pole dancing exercise video? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/149324-carmen-electrcas-pole-dancing-exercise-video.html)

EricaBG 08-16-2008 10:59 PM

Carmen Electrca's pole dancing exercise video?

Anyone ever try it? A friend of mine said she loved it. Just wanted to see what you all thought. :)

jillnicole03 08-16-2008 11:15 PM

My friend has it and one day when I slept over she did like 20 minutes of it too show me, I thought it looked cool :) but I havn't actually tried it myself. You can probably get a good deal at ebay or amazon for a used one! Good luck!

Quiet Ballerina 08-17-2008 12:21 AM

I tried one of them....(the lap dancing one I think?) with a roommate. We both just felt silly doing it though....and it didn't feel like much of a workout to me.

dcapulet 08-17-2008 12:28 AM

in the whole series, the only one that felt like a good sweat was #2; she's with a trainer, not really doing the strip tease. That one was hard, but good. the others i didn't like at all. maybe she's no good, I don't know. but i felt silly too, and not out of breath.

vixjean 08-17-2008 02:01 AM

Really cool if you want to learn how to strip tease, she really broke down the moves and buy the end of it, I had my own dancing routine - not really stripping in anyway. Very fun and a light workout, prob about the same as walking or fast walking, not anything like running or actual aerobics. I did it by myself and thought it was fun.

If you have comcast on demand you can go there and click on sports & fitness, then click on fit-tv and they have all sorts of clips and workouts that you can try. That is how I tried this one.

150reasons 08-18-2008 03:25 PM

One question: Where do you get the stripper pole?

xenergia 08-19-2008 02:52 AM

Like all exercise it depends on your current fitness level. If you are in really good shape it won't be a very good workout, but if you are pretty out of shape it might really work up a sweat.

I think the best thing about it is it will show you how to move in a way that will make you like your body, and fee sexy/ desired/ wanted (as we all should!).

I say go for it! Fun for a few laughs at the very least and you may pick up a move or two! ;)

SunshineCA 08-19-2008 07:25 PM

I haven't tried the video but pole dancing is fun! :) DH and I invested in one years ago. Not for the exercise but just for fun. ;)

150reasons 08-20-2008 09:35 PM

Hey, Sunshine

Where did you get the pole? I want one. I see a lot of them on the web, but most of them look pretty flimsy. I want one I can climb. Thanks

aphil 08-22-2008 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 150reasons (Post 2321688)
One question: Where do you get the stripper pole?

:lol:

You know, this is a really morbid thought. What happens if you buy a stripper pole, and then you would happen to perish unexpectedly? I can't IMAGINE my parents or inlaws coming in to go through my things, and finding a stripper pole set up in the house.

Morbid...yes, I know. But I tend to think about things like this. I would hate for that to be one of their parting impressions of me. :^:

SunshineCA 08-22-2008 10:59 PM

We bought ours from a friend who sold lingerie and novelty things. I'm sure you can do a google search to see what's out there that will fit your needs.

As far as the morbidity related to someone finding out about our stripper pole, not worried at all. I would think my DH would stash it away if I kicked the bucket. :lol:

vixjean 08-22-2008 11:50 PM

Aphil - you are a dancer so I wouldn't think you would be embarrassed about a stripper pole!
The workout I tried was a chair dance (w/ carmen), you sat on the chair, walked around it, put your leg on it, etc... it was really fun.

aphil 08-23-2008 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vixjean (Post 2329190)
Aphil - you are a dancer so I wouldn't think you would be embarrassed about a stripper pole!
The workout I tried was a chair dance (w/ carmen), you sat on the chair, walked around it, put your leg on it, etc... it was really fun.

Yeah, I'm a dancer...but not THAT kind of dancer. ;) They are completely unrelated...

150reasons 08-23-2008 07:39 PM

Aphil, that is too funny!! However I don't think anyone would be surprised at anything they may find in my house:rofl: I have not exactly lived by the rules of a traditional lifestyle.