3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   Running skorts....what do you think? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/146371-running-skorts-what-do-you-think.html)

onthetee 07-14-2008 05:52 PM

Running skorts....what do you think?

I really like compression shorts, but I would prefer that not every little dimple be made public. Skorts seem like the best solution. What kind have you tried, and which did you like best?

TIA!
Anna

zinkemomx2 07-14-2008 11:21 PM

Giving you a bump. :)

midwife 07-15-2008 09:04 AM

I don't wear them myself but the current US edition of Runners World has a big article about them by Kristen Armstrong and I think it might have a shopping guide too.

Manick 07-15-2008 12:40 PM

I've been wondering about them too.

I'm currently using a do-it-yourself cheap method. I bought a few pairs of champion compression shorts (aka inexpensive) and wear a super thin pull-on cotton/spandex skirt with a narrow elastic waist over them. Target had several short skirts of that variety. I have black and turquoise. I wouldn't wear it on the tennis court, but running it looks just fine and is not bulky. My skirt is about 19 inches long and the shorts show just a tiny bit under the edge. I'm also not wearing this get up for exercise for more than about an hour, but the shorts do prevent chafing and provide a bit of support on the thighs.

Also works when I'm walking for an hour or two to my dinner destination. I ended up in that outfit downtown for dinner after a 7 mile walk last Friday :cool: The only un-cool part for the dinner date -- the running shoes.

Mrs Snark 07-15-2008 04:13 PM

As you know Anna, I love them but haven't gotten one yet. I did see two chicks the other day wearing them while running a local route -- the first I've seen in my area, and they looked great! Solidified my desire to get one.

onthetee 07-15-2008 04:24 PM

I am going to check out the Bonita this weekend. I just hate Nike so much, and I refuse to pay their prices. Hoping Dick's will have something in a Champion to compare.

chickichickibangbang 07-15-2008 04:25 PM

hey midwife, thanks for mentioning the runners world article! i have been trying to find a good running skirt and the reviews help a lot! plus knowing where to look for them.
:)

onthetee 07-15-2008 05:49 PM

The problem I found with the RW reviews was that it did not include the negatives....all reviews were glowing and wonderful. I want to read which skirt caused someone to say, "Wow, it took a crow bar to get these out of my butt after one mile!"

Also, I HATE the ones that were supposed to be good for mommy belly but are modeled on a size -6. Seriously?

JulieJ08 07-15-2008 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onthetee (Post 2271216)
The problem I found with the RW reviews was that it did not include the negatives....all reviews were glowing and wonderful. I want to read which skirt caused someone to say, "Wow, it took a crow bar to get these out of my butt after one mile!"

Also, I HATE the ones that were supposed to be good for mommy belly but are modeled on a size -6. Seriously?

That always makes me sooooo skeptical.

onthetee 07-15-2008 06:29 PM

It will require some scrimping and saving, but I am going with the atalanta commitment. I love what I have read about their company. Woman-owned; made in the USA, has a great green policy.
http://www.skirtgoddess.com/products/commitment

And I would not have found it without the RW article, so thanks for the tip!

MalibuBeachBound 07-15-2008 07:14 PM

I think those running skorts are really cute! I saw some girls in them the other day. I don't have one and probably won't get any because being a student, I am cheap but if I wanted to blow some cash, I'd get some of those.

Currently when I run (due to shorts bunching and bigger upper thighs than I would like, rather than a butt with some dimples), I wear bike shorts (black) under loose fitting, mid thigh black running shorts. When the bunching happens, you can't see it because both are black and my upper thigh size isn't an issue because you can't see them past mid-way.

Manick 07-15-2008 07:17 PM

This is the one I've been looking at too, and I love the capri length skirt combo for colder months. Also the pockets are a plus. I have a teeny-weeny waist pack (the kind used for IV tubes) that I use now for my car key and cell phone and kleenex, but I'd love to have that all incorporated.

I cannot do the shortie-panty thing, that is my beef with most skirts I have tried on (chub rub as they call it;))...maybe 30 lbs now, but not now.

I'd love a review if/when you get one!