3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   bone leg pain after exercice (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/145836-bone-leg-pain-after-exercice.html)

kaytlin90 07-08-2008 11:45 AM

bone leg pain after exercice

Is this normal to experience bone leg pain after running...the pain seems worse when i stand up or run..it seems to be in the bone..it's not in the muscle at least....

so does that seem like a stress fracture or medial tibial syndrome or something else ?

settie 07-08-2008 12:21 PM

I am not a medical person - this is just personal experience. It could be connective tissue (cartilage, ligaments, etc). They take a lot longer to respond to exercise than muscle does. That is, when you start a new exercise the muscles get stronger quite quickly while the connective tissue takes a longer time. This will cause some pain usually when you are exercising. When it does hurt stop and stretch until you are able to go again.

SoulBliss 07-08-2008 12:34 PM

Shin splints can happen when one becomes very active all of a sudden or over exercises. If you are concerned, go to the doctor! :hug:

kaytlin90 07-08-2008 01:08 PM

well i do exercise (walking fast and running) for like half and hour each day...is this too much ? i dont let myself a day to rest in between...should i ?

SoulBliss 07-08-2008 01:10 PM

Have you been to a doctor yet about all these things you are worried about? :) I think that would be a great way to be more assured that you are exercising and eating appropriately for you.

kaytlin90 07-08-2008 01:13 PM

Nope and i dont have a family doctor so i wont go.

HarpoChicoGroucho 07-08-2008 07:33 PM

Not to freak you out, but it could be a bone infection. I had similar symptoms (bone pain), but I have such a high pain tolerance that I didn't go to the doctor until the infection destroyed half of my femur and I couldn't walk at all anymore. I nearly lost my entire leg. I only say this because you are young, and you may have just recently got out of high school or in college closely around many other people sharing quarters/bathrooms/gym rooms, so you may have picked up MRSA, and it's really rare, but the infections do go into bones, especially knees, long bones and ankles. I would go to the doctor if it worsens or doesn't go away. And if you start getting easily tired or if you have a fever and chills, go directly to the ER.

Britt83 07-09-2008 10:13 PM

I has the same problem, and i thought it was shin splints, but they kept getting worse and eventually it hurt to walk. Mine was a stress fracture in my shin, and the only cure, unfortunately is rest.
Also, if you do go a doctor, mine didn't show up on an x-ray, so you may have to get a bone scan.