Is this normal I'm seeing huge improvements in under a week.

• As I have pointed out in multiple posts before I'm disabled I have never in my life been able to comfortably walk 1/2 a mile. Well I'm on day 4 and I'm seeing remarkable improvement.

Day 1 I walked a full mile(in 2 half mile stretches about 4 hrs apart) I was so sore I could barely move

Day 2 because of pain I barely mustered up 1/4 mile

Day 3 My legs repaired themselves I guess I walked a full (again a 2 parter only 2.5 hours apart) my legs feel fine.

Day 4 I walked 1.5 miles in a 3 parts about 2-3 hours apart. My legs hurt a bit during the last walk but I'm fine less than an hour later

Is this kind of improvement normal?

Note my ultimate goal is to walk a mile without breaking a sweat I'm a long ways off but hey we all have to start somewhere.
  • John, I know I've said this to you before, but "normal" is going to be different for you because of your disability. So your doctor or physical therapist would be the best person to ask about what sort of improvement is normal for you.

That being said, I advanced pretty quickly when I started out...going from inactive to active can drive your body to make great strides in a small amount of time. Future improvements will probably come more slowly, since your body will adapt and need to be continually challenged.
  • I know I know I was just utterly shocked by how quickly it happened I was expecting it to take weeks.
  • What I have learned from trying to work around pain is that if you get some pain-free time when you can stand to do exercise, take it! If you're not in pain and can stand to do a little extra, that's probably a good thing. Our bodies really appreciate exercise! Just don't re-injure b/c you have a few good days and do TOO MUCH. Been there, done that, not trying to do it again.

Congrats sounds like you're rising to the challenge you've set for yourself! Way to go!