3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   April C25K Starters Block (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/138627-april-c25k-starters-block.html)

fiberlover 04-18-2008 03:04 PM

Bernerdoc - wow 25 minutes! Great job

mayness _ I can't believe you could run with a headache. I am such a baby, I probably wouldn't have LOL

karmuz - it is surprising how quickly it becomes easier to do, isn't it?

dubh - how cool to see the shooting star! That's what you are getting through the run!

heffalump - great job!

Shades - you might have a bouncy gait. Have you had anyone watch you to see if you bounce a lot? That can be really hard on the knees.

Beth - 25 minutes! You ladies really inspire me that I *can* do this!

Today I started W3D1, I was worried about the 3 minute jog - but they were no problem at all. I wasn't even winded. My thighs were what felt it the most. I hope it gets easier on them with time.

BernerDoc 04-18-2008 08:13 PM

Thanks, Fiberlover...it was actually today that I did the 25 minutes.

I feel like...WHOOHOO!!! :D

I accidentally hit the emergency stop on the treadmill at about the 20 minute mark so I ran to the end of my last song to 'make up' for that 15 or so seconds - total of 26:36 minutes. I decided to do the whole thing at a fairly slow pace (5.0mph/12 minute mile) instead of my 6.0mph/10 minute mile that I've done for most of the shorter segments. I'm glad I did it that way since I'd done a rough day of HIIT yesterday and didn't want to die ;-)

Anyway...I'm rambling. WTG Everyone, especially my fellow (now) W7-ers :woops::running::woops::running::woops::running:

ShadesofGray 04-20-2008 03:18 PM

I did W5D1 today. For some reason I thought that the longest runs were 8 minutes, so I got myself all prepared for that. I looked at the plan again before I went to the gym, and to my surprise, they were only 5 minute intervals. I think because of that the run felt much easier.

I have a funny story though. When I got to the gym and started on the treadmill, I looked down and realized I had 2 different gym shoes on! I felt pretty silly, but I figured no one would notice or care. I didn't feel a difference in the heights of the shoes, so I figured it wouldn't hurt to run once with them.

Heffalump 04-20-2008 03:24 PM

And week 6 is DONE! Did W6D3 today, and although I must have looked like Myrtle the turtle next to all of the *real" ;) runners on the track, I finished my first 25 minute run ever.

Pacing myself was actually the hardest part, but it did pay off - no stitches, no gasping, hardly any ankle or knee pain. Très nice! :)

So, on to week 7, huh? Wow.

mayness 04-20-2008 08:30 PM

W5D1 today. It wasn't too bad... I guess because I already did 5 minute runs last week, and technically it's a little less running and more walking than W4. So, as much as those 8 minute runs scare me, I'm moving on next time!

fiberlover 04-21-2008 08:47 AM

Shades - 2 different shoes LOL! That sounds like something I would do

heffalump - congrats on finishing week 6!!

Mayness - I kind of feel like this with week 3. Only 4 runs instead of 6, even though 2 are longer.

Today I do W3D2.

caitbeans 04-21-2008 11:28 AM

I ran 20 minutes today!!!!!! I wasn't too bad, the time flew by until I stopped the tredmill with 5 minutes left, then I got out of my groove- lol. Can't wait to start the next week wednesday!

bethbeth 04-21-2008 01:22 PM

I finished W7D1 - my second 25 minute run! I ran a little bit faster than I did the previous time.
I can't wait for my 5K!

Beth

Amarie2pt0 04-21-2008 03:31 PM

Hi all! Humpdty dumpdty dumped a winter storm on us this weekend, so I didn't get out for W5D3 - I'm looking forward to and am scared of that big 20 at the same time. I'll try to do it tonight! Yay caitbeans! I am so inspired! Shades and Mayness - I'm glad y'all are truckin along with me! We can do this week 5!!!!

Update - well, I did it! 20 minutes and I survived!!! WOOt!

WTG everyone!

ShadesofGray 04-22-2008 09:47 AM

I did W5D2 today... that means the big 20 minute run is coming up next! I'm pretty nervous for it, but I think I can do it. The 8 minute runs weren't too bad today; hard but definitely do-able. I find that putting a towel over the time on the treadmill helps the time go by faster because you can't watch each second go by.

And I managed to get 2 of the same shoes on today!

lupin 04-22-2008 03:26 PM

Sorry for being really thick here but I don't understand what your all following/talking about when you refer to letters and things.
Someone mentioned this thread or maybe a different one where you aiming to run a certain amount in a certain period of time and I'm looking to do something like that to have something to aim for etc but I don't really follow what your all saying in this thread...like what does W5D1 mean?

Could someone possibly point me in the right direction? :D
thankyou

BernerDoc 04-22-2008 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lupin (Post 2163384)
Sorry for being really thick here but I don't understand what your all following/talking about when you refer to letters and things.
Someone mentioned this thread or maybe a different one where you aiming to run a certain amount in a certain period of time and I'm looking to do something like that to have something to aim for etc but I don't really follow what your all saying in this thread...like what does W5D1 mean?

Could someone possibly point me in the right direction? :D
thankyou

Hi Lupin & welcome to the C25K thread! :-)

The C25K or "Couch to 5K" outline can be found here: http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

Posters are referring to where they are in the program - it's broken into 9 weeks with 3 days of running per week so...W5D1 would be Week 5, Day 1.

Hopefully that helps explain some things for you. This is a great group of new runners, please feel free to ask any questions.

Now I'm off for W7D1! :)

lupin 04-22-2008 03:42 PM

Ahhh thanks for replying and explaining it. :D
Right I shall be starting at 9:00 when I can flick on tv between 'The time diets forgot' and 'Katie and peter the next chapter'.

lupin 04-22-2008 04:44 PM

Yay just completed W1D1 and wasn't as bad as I expected thankfully.
But this is only because I got a treadmill a couple of weeks ago and started off on not being able to even jog for 30 seconds without nearly dying and been jogging a bit more each time.
I like now how its I only go on it 3 times a week and know before I start exactly what I'm doing and for how long etc.
Just got to find other activities to do now on the other days :D

hmmm wander if I'm still saying this in 2 weeks time.:chin:
aaaand I didn't eat 2 butterfly cakes that I spent all day yesterday searching for :broc:, because mum hid them from me before
I'm ready for it, bring it on (i so won't be saying that by next week:p).

BernerDoc 04-22-2008 06:24 PM

W7D1 completed today. Yay! I was really unmotivated and feeling really sluggish today but I did make it through. I only jogged at either a 11:30 or 12 minute mile pace but I figure the speed will come in time.

:D