HMPH..... I can jog! Who knew?

• how bout that 2 months ago i couldnt walk a mile. now i can easily get 2 miles and i can even jog a little, i mean only a couple of minutes at a time, but wow that is monumental for me!

whispering.............dont tell anyone but i think i love my treadmill
  • Quote: whispering.............dont tell anyone but i think i love my treadmill
    Yes, so do I.

I'm always amazed that we're capable of much more than we think. Congrats and have fun with your new friend.
  • That is awesome! I love my treadmill, too... it is always - right there - rain or shine - easy to hop off of if I get too tired...

Isn't it a wonderful feeling - discovering what your body is capable of - inmproving on it. Congrats!

• Quote: whispering.............dont tell anyone but i think i love my treadmill
    Me too! Just like you, I love how the treadmill really gives you that sense of achievement. On the elliptical, I feel like I can't translate my workout into a meaningful thing, but on a treadmill I can say "Oh wow, I just jogged farther than I have before!" or "Oh wow, I just ran a mile faster than ever before"! Especially because I remember dreading the mile-long runs SOO much as a kid in elementary and middle school (I never did sports or exercise as a kid besides gym class once a week), and it was always so embarrassing to be among the last kids to finish. I think for a lot of people jogging/running becomes the gold standard of fitness as a result of those stupid school runs.

Great job with your progress! Keep going at it and you'll be amazed at how much more you'll be able to do!
  • Ooooo, ME TOO!! I was the same way, started off walking and could only jog for maybe 15-20 secs at the start. But I stuck w/it and now do intervals and can run comfortably for lengths of time. I know some folks find the TM boring, but I love putting on my pod and the perfect songs come on and just running blissfully . . . to nowhere. Hard to figure that 20 secs here and 30 secs there of jogging eventually translates into full-fledged running! Congrats on your wonderful accomplishments and keep up the good work!!
  • You are awesome. Keep up the good work.
  • Piper, I have just discovered the SAME THING....it is GREAT!!! Congrats!
  • That's fantastic. I find that running is great because it's really easy to compete with yourself. Each time you can try and runner a little longer or a little faster or take a little shorter walking break. It's great to challenge yourself and you get such a feeling of accomplishment.

Congratulations! It sounds like you've done awesome!