Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 03-01-2008, 05:21 PM   #16  
back to balance

Height: 5'7"

Oh, this is perfect! I wanted to start C25K this month anyway, so count me in from Monday.

Also, yay for mentioning the Podcast, it's downloading as I write this!
Heffalump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 06:16 PM   #17  
Carb fiend!

S/C/G: 246/232/140

Height: 5'8"

I'm going to join in! Though i will be doing my running on tuesdays, fridays and sundays to fit around my other activities! Good luck to everyone starting it! I might just beg my mom to buy me some new trainers as my others aren't exactly practical as they have velcro on them and it keeps catching when i'm on the cycle bike!
Bye bye
FakeFrowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 02:24 PM   #18  
Just keep moving ...

S/C/G: 241/238/140

Height: Just short enough (aka 5'4")

Wow! I just finished week 1 day 1! It kinda kicked my bum. I stretched out my recovery periods a little (a couple times while I waited for crossing light). Goodness - no wonder you get a rest day between! I didn't run yesterday like planned, so this week will be Sun, Tues, Thurs. I'm so proud of myself!

Rhonda - Your plan is sounding better and better! How did your first run go?

How about everyone else? Did all the newbies have a good start? Those who are further along - did you struggle a bit the first week?
Good luck to all!
Amarie2pt0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 08:24 PM   #19  
Mellow but Sassy

S/C/G: 280/255/160

Height: 5' 11"

I am ready to drag on the tennis shoes tomorrow and maybe even my husband out.

He used to run track in high school and college, but was in a car accident and turned really sedentary his junior year.

I'm hoping I can get him back into running so I can have a buddy.
Zen Pharmacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 11:33 PM   #20  
Takin' charge of my life!

I am going to join ya here! I am a newbie to C25K and am going to start tomorrow. I'm planning on doing a 5k in May so I need to get moving on the training! Going to download the podcasts now!
Andi18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 05:57 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Amarie, I struggled the first week, actually, I feel every tie, like I am pushing myself. This week (4) was a big stretch for me. Just take your time and if you need to repeat, you can! I am working on day 2 of week 4 tonight.

Welcome Andi18, I remember you from a newbies thread a ways back, it's nice to see you again.

Hope everyone else did well, come back and share your glory!
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 11:20 AM   #22  
Goodbye Fat!

Okay I am starting tonight! I am a treadmill runner though hopefully will start running outside later on though.
dollypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 11:40 AM   #23  
finding herself

S/C/G: 241/226/175

Default w1d2

Newbie here, longtime lurker. I saw this thread about starting the c25k on march 1st and saw that as my sign to join in on the fun! ;-) today was my day 2 workout. the rest periods seemed shorter today. but the time still flew! I am excited about this and am so proud of myself! I told dh if I can make it through week 3 I might sign up for a 5k later this summer to keep me going.

go me!
newbebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 12:28 PM   #24  
Just keep moving ...

S/C/G: 241/238/140

Height: Just short enough (aka 5'4")

Hi all -

So I feel really good today (my rest day between wkout1 and 2). I'm aware of my muscles, so I know I worked them, but instead of feeling sore it feels pretty strong.

hi newbebop - I absolutely LOVE your screen name! I'm glad you joined us!
Amarie2pt0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 12:51 PM   #25  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

w1d2 done! I bought two new pairs of running shoes for this adventure and I am not sure one of them is going to work out. After only a few minutes my legs were cramping and I had to stop to stretch, twice. I loosened them up a bit and kept plugging on. After my initial 30 minutes I changed shoes and the other pair is much more comfortable to run in. I did another 10 minutes in those with NO problems at all. As a matter of fact at one point I ran at 5mph and another I did 6mph.

I think I'll save the other shoes and use them for walking outside or WATP videos.

Total today was 2.31 miles in 40 minutes.
zinkemomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 01:28 PM   #26  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

way to go everybody for getting started on C25K I am in week 7 just did day one yesterday! its tough running 25 minutes but man what a rush when I finish and realize I CAN DO IT! good luck to all of you!
BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 01:38 PM   #27  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Sigh....

I wish I could join you all. I just did 1 hour on the treadmill. Still trying to heal my foot, so I did 40 minutes 3.0-mph, then 15 minutes @ 3.5. I managed to keep the heart rate up where it needed to be. No running today. Then I lifted weights for about 10 minutes. I rehurt the foot and now it hurts worse than it did before and the nerves in it is making my leg & Foot jump and move all by itself. I think I need to call the doc. No running ever????? sniff sniff. I am totally bummed out. I can't even walk into the kitchen to get Lunch and I am starving now. It hurt to use the brake in the car driving home.

Someone at the GYM said he bought new shoes for running too and had ALL kinds of troubles, so he washed his old faithfuls and has had no problems. Soooooo I am gonna wash mine and if I am feeling better Wednesday, or whatever day, I'm gonna try on my old sneekers. I'll use these new ones for whenever and the old ones for running and see what happens. I may have to go spend big bucks for "specialty" shoes, and that's have to wait until the end of this month.
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 04:53 PM   #28  
back to balance

Week 1, Day 1!

Yay, that felt good. I did it on the treadmill with 4.0mph walking, 5.0-5.2 running, and it was the perfect workout for me at this point. I did add 15 minutes of hill walking afterwards, though, because I had some steam left . The podcast made it all go by in a flash.

@Diva, ugh, that sounds really horrible. I hope your foot going to heal really quickly...
Heffalump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 08:28 PM   #29  
Takin' charge of my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mothermavis View Post
Welcome Andi18, I remember you from a newbies thread a ways back, it's nice to see you again.
It's nice to see you again as well!! Wow, any advice for starting C25K since you are on week 4?!

Diva your foot sounds painful. I hope it is something the doc can help with the pain...maybe some physical therapy?
Andi18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 06:10 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Andi, No real advice, just keep on keeping on. I am running on the treadmill because it's to icy here to run outside. It's a bit boring some days, but I feel so good when it's done!!
I would recommend good shoes though. I found when I used to run (years back and never fast) that when my knees or hips hurt, it was usually because my running sneakers were getting worn. I haven't tried the C25K podcast's because I don't have an ipod, but they sound neat.

Diva, I hope you feel better soon, it does sound like you need to see the Dr. It could very well be the shoes, I know I tried lost of different kinds and have found that one brand is much better for my comfort than the rest.

Heffalump - great job!

Newbebop- good for you. A 5k at the end is an awesome goal!

I made it thru Day 2 of Week 4 last night on the "dreadmill"
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote