Gyms or Home?

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to
  • Do you prefer to work out at home or the gym?
  • The gym. If I try to work out at home I'll have four cats and a beast of a dog crawling all over me.
  • I prefer the gym. I kind of feel like I have to force myself to work out at home. But, I do it when I have to
  • I perfer working out outside.

Annie
  • I would rather work out at a gym but it's so hard to make time to go. I get off work at 5 and have 2 young kids. So, I ususally stick to my elliptical at home.
  • Depends... I am weird... I go through phases. Right now, I am working out at home - I have a treadmill. But sometimes I go through phases where I can't motivate myself to workout if I am at home (I get distracted with the dishes, laundry, TV, etc.), so I sign up for the gym and go there. I have been a member at Planet Fitness, Work Out World, and Bally's in the last 7 years! Lol! I love the group classes...
  • @ home, with my turbo jam tapes...i want to join a gym where have TJ classes. free weights, cardio, resistance bands, the works.
  • Gym. If I work out at home I get distracted and end up doing something else... like coming on the internet or playing with my dog. If I go to the gym, I will easily work out for an hour at a time because I went through the work of getting my butt over there
  • The gym. I get bored if I do the same cardio all the time. I like the option of the treadmill one day, elliptical or rowing machine the next.

I also have three large labradors that follow me from room to room. I hate to see what they'd do if I started trying to workout to a DVD.
  • I like to work out at home myself. I have the balance ball, the bands and my tapes. I prefer Tae Bo becuase you get a really good sweat out of it everytime you do it! I never really liked packing all my things up and heading to the gym, just not enough time for that in my life I guess. I work out every morning for an hour before I head off to work, I love it!
  • Definately the gym. I feel much more motivated because I see everyone else working out so hard. Plus, like many others, I have my dogs at home that don't like me doing anything they aren't involved in
  • At home for me. Going to the gym takes too much time (especially if I have to brush off the car ). It's so easy for me to just put on my workout clothes, hop on the elliptical, do my time, and hop in the shower.
  • Depends on my mood. I don't have a treadmill so I use the gym. The weights areas crowded right now so I sometimes do those at home, sometimes at the gym.
  • Definitely prefer home...always feel like people are looking at me at the gym. I have weights, bike, treadmill and hoping to add an elliptical in May to my little home gym...plus several dvds. about 10 I think.
  • The gym, group aerobics classes.
    If I was doing an aerobics tape at home I'll usually give up half way through.
    At the gym I do it for the whole hour.