How do I make sure I'm burning mostly fat?

• I have a muscular build and it's quite clear to see where the extra fat is going(it practically hangs off the muscle..and only in certain areas).How can I make sure I'm burning mostly stored fat during my excersise?
  • Some people think that working out in the "fat burning zone" of your maximum heart rate will ensure that you are burning mostly fat. Technically this is true - but if you work out in your cardio zone - I aim for 80% of maximum - you burn more calories over all. At the end of the day it's burning more calories than you consume that creates a calorie deficit. And that's what makes the flab go away.
  • Yeah, you don't need to burn fat. You need to burn calories. It doesn't matter where the calories come from, you just need to run a deficit so that your body will dip into its fat reserves. The "fat burning zone" is a myth.

Do as much exercise as you can at the highest level of intensity that you can manage without hurting yourself or burning out. This is how you will lose fat.