Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 02-08-2008, 01:20 PM   #1  
diamondgeog

Red face Can not believe how good a month of exercise is making me feel

Not sure what combination of factors got me going, but for the past month (4 fridays ago) I have been doing a good chunk of exercise each and every day.

At work I am lucky enough to be able to do 2 20-minute walks each day. Before 4 fridays ago I did this on average 3 to 4 times a week with maybe a day of doing just one 2 minute walk. Since then I have done it every day 2 of them except when recovering from a stomach flu.

I have also used my gazelle either 6 or 7 days a week going from about 25 minutes to now 40 minutes a day.

I am doing a bit more strength training with push-ups and dumb bells and exercise bands.

All together I could not have asked for better results. My wife says I am snoring much less. I wake up with more energy. I have more energy during the day. I am not as hungry, so I can make better food choices. Very excited.

In the past I have led with changes to eating to try to lose weight. This time it was first exercising every day and boy I can tell I am going to lose what I want and keep it off. Why? So much more energy. Eating less has not for me ever produced that.

Down at 8-12 pounds from 4 weeks ago and probably have more muscle so very happy....
Old 02-08-2008, 01:41 PM   #2  
I feel blah..

S/C/G: 217.5/193.0/140

Height: 5'3"

GOOD FOR YOU!! Wonderful job, and 8-12lbs lost in a month?? WONDERFUL!!

Let me share a saying that was pounded in my head while I was in basic training..

WHAT DOESN'T KILL YOU MAKES YOU STRONGER!!

So true
Sneeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 01:55 PM   #3  
One pound at a time!

S/C/G: 264/239/199

Height: 5'6"

Great job getting moving! Thanks for sharing your success!
bethbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 07:48 PM   #4  
Ilene the Bean

yay keep up the great work ....
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 08:20 PM   #5  
Never-giver-upper

S/C/G: 186/176/135

Height: 5'7"

That is wonderful! I can identify with this. I've been eating better and starting an exercise program for less than 6 weeks and I feel much better already. It's partly a mental thing and partly physical. My energy level is increasing, not by leaps and bounds, but a little. And any improvement is good.

Thanks for sharing - and keep it up!
Serena C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 10:27 PM   #6  
TBL Red Team Member

S/C/G: 132/129/120

Height: 5'4.5"

Congratulations, Diamond!

When I hit my one month of exercise mark, I was so excited. And the great thing is, now that you're going for a record, you won't want to stop, because it will take you a whole month to get back to where you are now. It's a great cycle!
Scenestealer is offline   Reply With Quote