New C25ker

• Good morning!

So, I just started the "Couch to 5k" program mostly using a Robert Ullrey's podcast. Let me tell you... I love it!

However, I'm just about to come to the end of week 1 and I want to make sure I'm ready to move to week 2. I am getting a little bit winded and sweating a lot before I get halfway through. For those of you who are familiar and/or have any suggestions... I'd welcome them!

thankya
  • If you think you need another week, take another week. Sweat is normal. however you may want to slow your pace down a little, you should not be winded, you should be able to carry on a conversation.
  • It's great isn't it... I was almost thru week 4 when below zero temps and getting sick screwed me up for about a week and a half. When I started up again, I had to go back all the way to week two. If I were you I would go ahead and repeat week 1 if you feel you need to. We need to give ourselves time.
    Great job on starting the C25K!
  • I started (as a complete non-runner, and never athletic!) the C25K the first week of June. I don't think I ever repeated an entire week, but I certainly DID repeat days. As has been said - SLOW DOWN. You should be sweating, but not gasping.

Make it work for you - there is no 'deadline' - stretch it if you need to, and you'll continue to enjoy it... and good for you!

Heather