what song helps you...

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • push it a little harder, go a little farther, hang on to the end???

for me it is
    to make it to the end-Unwritten by Natasha Bedingfield -it is the pantene hair commercial it is inspirational.

to push it harder-Kanye West- stronger -clean version, Black eye peas Let's get it started works too.

cool down-I like contemporary Christian Eleventyseven Beautiful (In Your Arms is a good push it harder too)
  • To make it to the end: "You Can't Stop the Beat" from the Hairspray soundtrack
    To push it harder: Anything by the Dropkick Murphys

Basically, I've just got to have something upbeat with words that I know. Techno or songs I don't know just make me think more about what I'm doing (never something that's good for me when doing cardio!).
  • I have a couple that really get me working....

"Fighter" by Christina Aguillera
    "Proud" By Heather Small???

They are so motivational!!
  • EWWWW! I like these I'm going to itunes and get them now...I can't believe I didn't think of hairspray myself....I LOVE Hairspray (even saw it front row center on broadway-simply fabulous!)

thanks, I'm always looking for new music to help me...without it I just don't go as far, push as hard or challenge myself. The words keep me away from my sabotaging thoughts! thanks.
  • My weightlifting theme song: Remember The Name by Fort Minor. I'll play it whenever I start a set of squats.

This is 10% luck
    20% skill
    15% concentrated power of will
    5% pleasure
    50% pain
    And 100% reason to remember the name

I want to get a gym shirt with that on the back!

• It depends on my mood, and what activity. Sometimes if I'm in that kind of grouchy, "I hate this crap" place, some nice modern hard rock does it for me. Something angry.

But as a rule -- upbeat is the way to go. Unwritten is on my list, too! My playlist is so eclectic, though -- everything from Mary J. Blige to Rush to Red Hot Chili Peppers to the Dixie Chicks on there. (Sin Wagon! WAHOOO! *G*)

Thanks for sharing, guys!
  • "Stand My Ground" by Within Temptation... I've found that this is at the very end of all of my hour long walk-the-dog playlists.
  • push harder: maneater by nelly furtado and lets get loud by JLO

make it to the end: til I collapse by eminem (its the last song I do for cardio and it makes me push harder and last til the end)
  • Can't tell me nothing by Kanye West helps me go harder and remember the name by fort minor helps me keep going
  • I have lots of songs in my "workout" playlist, but here are a few that really get me going:

Lady by Lenny Kravitz
    100% Pure Love by Crystal Waters
    I Turn To You by Melanie C.
    Pon De Replay by Rihanna
  • God, I'm old! It would help if I'd heard of even ONE of these songs. Grrrrrrr

• it took getting an ipod and running to get caught up on some of the music out right now! I'm 39, most of the songs that I remember are madonna & duran duran!

and thanks to the rest of you...I am always looking for more music to get me going! and I don't remember who brought up the angry music but Avril Lavigne's Girlfriend, good song to run to.
  • Quote: EWWWW! I like these I'm going to itunes and get them now...I can't believe I didn't think of hairspray myself....I LOVE Hairspray (even saw it front row center on broadway-simply fabulous!)
    I'm jealous!! "Run and Tell That" is also on my gym playlist.

Another favorite is "Big Girl (You are Beautiful)" by MIKA.
  • fave song
    My list would have to include "A Little Less Conversation" Elvis vs Junkie XL remix, "You can keep your hat on" Tom Jones and "Would I Lie to You" Eurythmics. I can't help but keep moving when listening to these, be it running, jump roping or just dancing like a fool..
  • Quote:
    God, I'm old! It would help if I'd heard of even ONE of these songs. Grrrrrrr
    LOL - I'm old, too. But I have young friends and nephews and try to be open-minded about their music. I've learned about some good songs that way.