Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2002, 10:10 AM   #1  
Earth Shattering Kaboom!

Talking EveryDay Exercisers ~ Streak to Valentines!

Hi Everyone!

Welcome to any newcomers. This thread focuses on healthy weightloss and overall fitness through regular exercise. Our goal is to stay active, hydrated and make healthy eating choices.

** Streak to Valentine's! Join us for a minimum 15 minutes of daily activity!! **

Come join us in our healthy lifestyle.
Old 01-25-2002, 10:15 AM   #2  
Earth Shattering Kaboom!

Well... I didn't make it to the pool last night... we took too long in the city, and it was over by the time we got back to town! Oh well, tomorrow is another day!

Today, I'm off to Curves, and I'm kinda excited because I got a real good deal on some yoga videos last night... hopefully I can try them out this weekend, along with my exercise ball video. It's supposed to be pretty darn cold out this weekend, along with a bunch of snow, so doing something inside sounds great! The problem is that we have house meetings and stuff tomorrow, along with a friend's surprise birthday party, and then we have to pack some more stuff on Sunday... busy, busy, busy! I guess that all the lifting, carrying and packing counts as exercise too, right?

Anyway, Curves will fill my requirement for today, so I just gotta get to work on my water for the day, and I'm set!

Good luck ladies! .... And we're off!!!!!
Old 01-26-2002, 12:00 PM   #3  

Hi Marvin - thanks for posting this thread! Did you make it to Curves? You said it might snow - snow shoveling is great exercise isn't it? At least it feels like it.

I didn't exercise yesterday because I went to a Crop (scrapbooking 6 PM to Midnight) but this morning I made myself get up and go to yoga. I felt like a had a great workout. We were sitting the whole time but we did a lot where we had our arms lifted in various positions for a LONG time and I know my legs and arms have been shaking like I was lifting weights. Then I did 15 minutes on the Eliptical Trainer when I got home. It's supposed to be in the 50s today here, so maybe I can get out for a walk.

Have a good day everyone and keep up the exercise!
Old 01-28-2002, 12:05 PM   #4  
Earth Shattering Kaboom!

Whew! No, I didn't make it to Curves on Friday, Stamper, 'cause we had quite the snowstorm! It was all I could do to get home safely, so I thought I better not "waste" any time at Curves! Thankfully, I got home safely, and managed to do a bit of yoga and some ball work to make my 15 mins!

Then on Saturday, I got to do some shovelling, and I played in the snow with my doggie... she just loves that! And yesterday was time for some vigorous house-cleaning, so I'm set for the streak!

Today, I'm off to Curves, and if nothing else, it'll help me get warmed up! Brrr! It's freezing out.... we've been spoiled so far this winter, and this is the first real cold spell we've had. Trust me, it's taking some getting used to!

Hope you guys are doing well! Let's streak!
Old 01-28-2002, 03:21 PM   #5  

We're feeling better! Ds is 17 months old. He's finally starting to eat more normally and he's as busy as ever, LOL. I went back to the gym today and did half an hour on a recumbent bike. I'm going to eat good and excercise again, yay. LOL. I'm a nut, I know. Thanks for starting this Marvin!

Stamper: I had been hoping to go to a crop on Sat night but didn't think I should with the sickness still being in the house. Oh well. Plent more coming up. I've got one on Saturday and there's another on the 26th. My scrapbooks are coming along!
In Christ,
Pamela
Old 01-29-2002, 11:52 AM   #6  
Earth Shattering Kaboom!

Glad that you're feeling better, Pamela... it's terrible to be sick! And I can imagine it's no picnic when Emmett's sick either! (PS ~ I wish I was as "nutty" as you!)

I had a fabulous workout at Curves after work yesterday, but I don't get to bowl tonight, as I have to go to a dietician's seminar with my mom (who just found out she has mildly high cholesterol)

Oh well, I will just have to do one of my videos tonight! I watched my new "beginner's" yoga one on the weekend! Ouch! I wish I could do all that as a beginner! Methinks I'll put that tape off for a little while until I get a little better at the basics! I have a couple other tapes, so I think I'll stick with those for a while! At least until we get into the new house, and I'll be able to do my yoga in the morning without waking dh.. then I can start practising every morning, instead of just sporadically.

Wishing you all a very active day,
Old 01-29-2002, 03:28 PM   #7  

Hmmm I could teach classes on being nutty. First stay up really late every night. Next spend a ton of time with my dad. Finally be as silly as possible. Hey it could work.

We walked The Mall today. We went earlier than usual and got to meet Snoopy (toddler tuesdays!). Since Snoopy wasn't all hot and tired already, he spent a good portion of time playing with ds at Camp Snoopy. I got some cute pictures. I think we walked for about 2 hours today. My hip is a little sore, but not hurting too much. I did 50 crunches too for a challenge.

Now if only Emmett would nap...
In Christ,
Pamela

PS Marvin, you have me totally wanting to bowl! Maybe after dh's toe surgery on the 12th.
Old 01-29-2002, 07:21 PM   #8  

Well, I haven't been much of an everyday exerciser since the challenge started.

Sat - 40 minutes of yoga and 15 minutes on ET

Okay - that was great but its been downhill from there. Sunday I did some cleaning and that's sort of exercise, but last night I spent the whole night scrapbooking after I got home from work. Unless I want to count that as hand and wrist exercise, I didn't get in my 15 minutes. My DH made supper. I didn't feel too good though. I only had a glass of milk for supper - but today I had lost a pound.

Tonight I am pretty beat. I was hoping to walk at lunch or after work because it is gorgeous here today - about 60 I guess. I didn't even wear a coat. But I had to work through lunch and worked late. I plan to do some yoga later.

Marvin - it sounds like you are getting your exercise in, even if you've had to adjust your plans. That's great. I saw your reply on the other thread (about exercise burnout). That's a great way to think of it - certain days are "real exercise" and the other days are fun - just more active.

Pam - sounds like you are getting to do your exercise. It's hard when you have to work around nap times (especially if your DS doesn't nap)! When my DD was little, we had one of the jogging strollers because my husband jogged with her so I would take her for walks a lot. Eventually I used one of those cheap little fold up strollers though. It seemed like it was lighter and easier to deal with for just walking. I used to swim a lot then too because the health club I belonged to had a nursery. How many scrapbooks are you working on? Do you do any stamping or use stickers? I do a bit of both. I have 3 finished scrapbooks and 3 in progress. Finished are our wedding album that I redid, vacations from 1981 to 1999, and my DD's baby through preschool years. IP is vacations 2000 + , Christmas's, and DD's school years. I want to start a Heritage album soon.
Old 01-29-2002, 10:21 PM   #9  

Stamper,
I use stamps, stickers, whatever I can get my hands on that works! I'm not really working on too many 'set' albums. I'm not very organized, so I just make pages and stick them in an album, LOL. I'm pretty much caught up with Em's first year so I'm happy about that. It's all my childhood pics, etc that I need to do.

It's been too icy and cold here to walk outside. We did join the community center and my dad chases him while I work out. It's a pretty good deal, hehe. Otherwise we do a lot of indoor walking. Lots of malls close by and I walk really fast.

In Christ,
Pamela
Old 01-30-2002, 06:07 PM   #10  

Angry

Hello everyone. I am new I guess. I haven't been here in over a year, so I had to start all over. I am counting calories and trying to exercise everyday. I work a full time job, so my days are quite full. Stamper, you and I are about at the same weight. I started where you did and I am at about 208 as well. Nice to have someone else traveling the same road as me.
Old 01-31-2002, 11:36 AM   #11  
Earth Shattering Kaboom!

Talking

Whew! I'm back! I lost my connection at work yesterday, and didn't have time to go online last night at home, so I totally missed out!

Speaking of missing out, I didn't get any exercise in on Tuesday... that seminar ran late, and then I had to go grocery shopping, so I didn't have the energy afterwards... but I did go to Curves after work yesterday, even though I REALLY didn't want to! So, thank goodness for small successes!

Tonight will be a challenge though... we have to go to my in-laws after work to meet our family accountant, which should take a while, after which I'm sure we'll stay for dinner and a visit. Hopefully, we won't be out too late, as I really want to at least get a short exercise ball workout in.... wish me luck!

Welcome B-Thin! Sounds like you're getting back on the right track... I did the same thing myself a while back, but now I'm back into this thread, and it helps me a lot!

Sounds like you guys are really into scrapbooking. I'd like to gett more into it, and have saved a ton of stuff from my wedding two and a half years ago. Hopefully, after the house is built, I will have some time/energy/money to put into it. I especially want to have a scrapbook(s) for my pregnancy(ies) and child(ren)... there's a Carter's scrapbook at my local stationary store that is in that John Lennon Real Love theme, and I want it sooooooo bad! I'm thinking of asking dh for it for Valentine's Day... or maybe that could be my reward for working hard on this streak...? We'll see!

So, I'm off to do some real work, and hope you guys all have a great day!
Old 02-01-2002, 12:36 AM   #12  

B Thin: good to see you hear too!

Marvin: you should start scrapbooking! Well, I guess I can't tell you what to do but it does give you something tangible to do other than eating!

I mall walked with my friend today. That was about it. Dh and I had a nice date, so that did a lot for me. It's snowing too! Hehe.
In Christ,
Pamela
Old 02-01-2002, 07:43 AM   #13  

Talking

I'm new on this board, and I'm going to start trying the fifteen minutes a day....

Obtaining a jump rope and good sports bra today.

Nai (on the zone diet, 15 lbs down so far now wants to start working out.)
Old 02-03-2002, 10:46 AM   #14  

Pam - sounds like you are making the best of the weather situation and getting out to do your walking at the malls. That's a good way to do it - plenty to see while you are walking. I agree about scrapbooking giving you something else to do besides eat. I know a lot of people snack while they do it but I'm always afraid of dropping crumbs or getting something greasy on my photos or paper. Plus I'm too focused to even think about food.

Marvin - I hate to be nosy, but I just wondered- you mentioned about your pregnancy - are you expecting now? I know you were planning to be a while back when I was on the board but I didn't know if you were still in the planning stages or not. Sounds like you are making the best of a busy schedule to get your exercise in.

Welcome Lady Nai - did you get your jump rope and get started? That's good exercise - too hard on my knees though.

B-Thin - welcome. Nice to have someone else at the same weight range. I was down to 205 earlier this week but now at 206. I went out to eat a few too many times this week I think.

My update: Didn't exercise Tues. or Wed. Thursday night I had yoga lessons with my daughter then I got on the Eliptical Trainer for 15 minutes. Friday night I started out on the Eliptical and just couldn't get into it. So I danced for 30 minutes to fast music - haven't done that for a while. I usually add low impact moves so I can get my knees up higher and move more of me than you normally would just dancing. Saturday morning I had yoga (about an hour) and then at home I did 25 minutes on the eliptical trainer. May do yoga today - something light. I felt nausious late last night and today I am achy all over. I can't decide if I am getting something or if I am just sore all over from yoga. Some of the poses we did were pretty hard on my arm and shoulder muscles and when we held the mountain pose after a while all the muscles in my arms and legs were shaking. Have a good week everyone!
Old 02-04-2002, 12:35 PM   #15  
Earth Shattering Kaboom!

Thumbs down

It's alright Stamper, I don't mind you asking... but I'm still not pg... I'm in the process of being diagnosed with PCOs (like Jennifer3FC has) and I have my first appt. with a new ob/gyn tomorrow morning, who will hopefully prescribe me something to help me to ovulate (and then get pg!) It's been quite upsetting, and that's what took me away from my focus here a while back. PCOS explains why I have so much trouble losing weight, and though a low-carb diet has been recommended to me, I have a hard time eating with "rules". I'll see what the doctor says about it. But trust me, after my dh and the ladies of my fertility board (www.tcoyf.com), you guys will be the first to know!

Had a pretty active weekend.. just realized that we are moving out of our house in two weeks! So, therefore, we're getting right down to the packing and moving. We rented a trailer to store all our stuff in while the house is built, so we moved an awful lot of stuff out there this weekend, so I'm pretty sure I got my 15 minutes in each day!

Today, I'm off to Curves! Sounds like you guys are doing good, so I'll leave you all to it!
Closed Thread