Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 06-20-2007, 10:43 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 145/142/125

Height: 5'6

Default FitTV

Hi Everyone!

I was just wondering if any of you use FitTV to get your workouts in on a regular basis. I really like Gilad but I never know what to do during the breaks. I also like Cathe but I don't have a step so I can't do all of her workouts.
Has anyone seen results from using FitTV alone? What workouts do you use?

Thanks!
SITIBODY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 11:06 AM   #2  

I do Namaste Yoga every now and then - but the commercials get to me... I would rather do a DVD where I can work straight through...
I do like the Craze on Fit TV where they try new equipment...
KM
KiDaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 11:32 AM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Cardio kickbutt, because it kicks my butt and I'm a sucker for aussie accents. Most of them have gotten a little too easy for me now.

I do onDemand, so no commercials.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 12:21 PM   #4  
Powered by tofu

S/C/G: 207/203/140ish ??

Height: 5'4''

I’ve never heard of cardio kick butt, I’ll be sure to set my DVR to check it out. I also do the Namaste Yoga, and also some of the All Star Workouts are great, I particularly like the hip hop dance and kickboxing ones. I’ve also done some Gilad and Sharon Mann workouts. I use these more as a supplement for rainy days or just to shake things up when I’m bored. If I had to sit through commercials I don’t think I could tolerate it though! You could always do some basic aerobics steps to keep your heart rate up, but it would drive be batty personally. I don’t rely on FitTV or DVDs as the staple of my workouts, but as long as you’re getting adequate strength, cardio, and flexibility training in I don’t see why you shouldn’t.
shananigans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 11:23 PM   #5  
not giving up

S/C/G: 190/?/125

Height: 5'7"

I really like Sharon Mann. Lately I've been bored with the gym so I've been staying home and doing Sharon and Gilad.

I've done Namaste Yoga, too.

During the commercials I do some more of a move that I liked from the last segment. I might spend a commercial break doing something like grapevines, hamstring curls, or just stepping side to side.
GreenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 01:25 PM   #6  

You can get most of those workouts on Exercise TV without commercials.

It's kind of WAY up in your cable #'s...it's like FREE 'pay' Per view. you select which workout you want, and after a quick (15 second) commercial plays, the workout starts.
Mini-Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 02:28 PM   #7  
Going down, my way!

S/C/G: 287/240.8/180/ 3/19/16

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini-Me View Post

It's kind of WAY up in your cable #'s...it's like FREE 'pay' Per view. you select which workout you want, and after a quick (15 second) commercial plays, the workout starts.
Aha- thanks for that! Once I get in better shape, I will have to find that channel. I just started doing Giliad last night- I did almost two of his workouts last night (I started late on the first one, didn't know it was on, lol)- I felt great afterwards, and let me tell you, I sweat up a storm doing those two shows. Of course, I am very heavy, so everything is an aerobic workout for me right now. During the commercials, I just march in place until he gets back on- then, I'm ready for the next body torturing exercise he has in store for us.

I wish they had a walking show. Too bad they couldn't get Leslie Sansone to do a 15 minute walk a day or something similiar to her WATP type of show. I tried doing Ellen (I think it was her? Blonde hair?) last night, but too much arm flailing and body swinging right now for me. I was sore after two minutes, as it was very fast paced, even though she claimed it was low impact.
Steelslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 03:44 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelslady View Post
Aha- thanks for that! Once I get in better shape, I will have to find that channel. :
It actually has more of a variety of levels than FitTV. They even have Leslie Sansone there, Turbo Jam, and many other things that are on sale now.

There's a HUGE menu...you just pick what you want and hit play...

I like it better than FITtv.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:53 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 185/123/120

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SITIBODY View Post
Hi Everyone!

I was just wondering if any of you use FitTV to get your workouts in on a regular basis. I really like Gilad but I never know what to do during the breaks. I also like Cathe but I don't have a step so I can't do all of her workouts.
Has anyone seen results from using FitTV alone? What workouts do you use?

Thanks!
Oh my I just love Gilad!!! This is the one that worked for me. I have TiVo and I set it up to tape each NEW Body Sclupt and I do it when I can't get to the gym or it is rainning out so I can't run. I just love it cause I really feel I do get a total body workout!

P.S. -because I TiVo it I can fast forward through the breaks-but if I were you I would just try to do the side-steps during breaks and drink water!!!

(I also laugh everytime he says "Buttocks" too funny!!!!)
Lovestorun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 06:43 PM   #10  
Going down, my way!

Quote:
It actually has more of a variety of levels than FitTV. They even have Leslie Sansone there, Turbo Jam, and many other things that are on sale now.

There's a HUGE menu...you just pick what you want and hit play...

I like it better than FITtv.
They have Leslie Sansone on there? I hope I have this channel!!!!! Now I must go look for it- thanks for the heads up!

Edit- unfortunately, I don't get that channel. Maybe someday in the future *sigh*.

Last edited by Steelslady; 07-23-2007 at 06:51 PM.
Old 07-23-2007, 06:57 PM   #11  

Quote:
Edit- unfortunately, I don't get that channel. Maybe someday in the future *sigh*.
Awww, that'a a bummer. Are you sure? It's WAY up in the weird PPV channels. I found it quite by accident, and was suprised to find Leslie, Tamilee web, Debbie Siebers, Turbo Jam, and lots of original stuff.
Old 07-23-2007, 07:02 PM   #12  
Going down, my way!

Yes, I am positive, unfortunately. My cable provider is Metrocast, and they are not on the list that Exercise TV promotes their channel on. Metrocast is very slow to update the newer channels, I'm afraid. Part of the problem of living in the boonies of NH.

I did email Metrocast to see if they are going to offer it in the near future.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:56 PM   #13  
Rose

S/C/G: 368/254/220

Height: 6'

The exercise on demand TV channel has a few of the videos available free online. I love the channel it is 990 digital TW cabel in my area.

http://www.exercisetv.tv/studio/videos/
SARose1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 01:41 AM   #14  
Going down, my way!

Quote:

I feel like SUCH an idiot! I found it! I was perusing the cable channels looking for something to watch while riding my recumbrant bike, and I saw this channel that said "On Demand". I clicked on it, looked around and finally found the Fit TV on there. Thanks so much for letting us all know it's there- I thought my cable company didn't provide it (they never answered my email, gggrrrrrr).

I'm so excited right now!
Old 07-30-2007, 09:25 PM   #15  

Quote:
I'm so excited right now!
I'm excited for you! There's so much free stuff there like Leslie Sansone, Slim in 6, Turbo Jam, and tons of other stuff! Enjoy!