Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 07-06-2007, 03:44 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 200/190/165

Height: 5'9

I think I'm going to mostly do the recumbant bike with tv from now on. I can't stand the epil. trainer, bores me to death and I'm with Steelslady, kick back, relax and watch tv. I'm going to try that, stop watching the timer and just keep an eye on my heart rate to make sure it's up, pick a good show and let time fly by a little faster. The articles say you don't get as good of a workout if you watch tv or read but so what, at least I'm doing it.
horsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 04:49 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 196/155/140

Height: 5' 6"

That's why I always have to change up my exercise. If I get bored doing it it's harder for me to continue. Also I listen to podcasts so that helps pass the time.
canarysong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 07:08 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 200/190/165

Height: 5'9

I like mixing up exercise dvd's too.
horsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 10:41 AM   #19  
Meg

It sounds counterintuitive, but the more intensely I work out, the faster the time goes by. Maybe I'm so focused on surviving the experience that I don't have time to think about how long it is? Or maybe it's an endorphin rush?

The only cardio I can do now is the elliptical due to bad knees. So I play little games ... the first rule is that I have to hit 5000 strides in 30 minutes, no matter how high the resistance is. Then I do all sorts of intervals, like 2 minutes at 85% max HR alternating with 1 minute at 95%, for the half hour. And change the incline up and down every two minutes and go backwards and just change it up all the time. I'm never doing the same thing for more than two minutes in a row. The final rule is the last two minutes have to be over 200 strides per minute. I make it into a big game, with different rules every day, and it keeps me interested.

Of course, I have my iPod! Can't do cardio without music. And for whatever reason, the time flies by.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 11:55 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

I think great music is the key. Of course, my cardio is a step type class. The first 5 or 10 are hard because i am tired from sitting all day at a desk and you are warming up muscles that would rather just go home and lay in the bed. But once i get warmed up, i find the music in class helps me to keep my eyes off the clock...for the most part. I'm not saying my class goes by too quickly or anything....nooooo....but it doesn't drag on as much as if i were at home trying to workout to a video tape. I just need that music pounding in my ears and other people to help me stay motivated to keep going to the end.

when i used to walk on the treadmill for my cardio, i thought 45 minutes would never go by. I would try to find a magazine with a really interesting article in it and get lost in that.
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2023, 02:53 AM   #21  

It's interesting how time seems to pass differently when doing cardio compared to watching TV. While cardio can feel slow at times, it's important to stay motivated. If you ever need a distraction during your workout, you might consider checking out Discovery Plus customer service for some engaging content to make the time fly by. Finding ways to make cardio enjoyable can certainly help you stay committed to your fitness routine.
jassieterlington is offline   Reply With Quote