3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   Cool Runners - July (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/116571-cool-runners-july.html)

LisaMarie71 07-10-2007 06:31 AM

Yay, onthetee and cakses! You're doing great! :cheer2:

I didn't get to run this morning. :( I had insomnia last night for the first time in a really long time -- I think I got about 2 hours of sleep. There was no way I could do my 8-mile run after 2 hours of sleep, so I put it off until tomorrow. I may go to the gym today and do the elliptical or something if I have the strength.

onthetee 07-10-2007 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cakses (Post 1767386)
Tomorrow is weights day and elliptical. I sort of wish I could run every day because I feel so satisfied when I finish, like wow I really did that! I know in a few months I will be a totally different person because of this!

Today was my elliptical/weights day, but I ran 5 minutes on the treadmill just because I can!

onthetee 07-10-2007 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LisaMarie71 (Post 1767533)
Yay, onthetee and cakses! You're doing great! :cheer2:

I didn't get to run this morning. :( I had insomnia last night for the first time in a really long time -- I think I got about 2 hours of sleep. There was no way I could do my 8-mile run after 2 hours of sleep, so I put it off until tomorrow. I may go to the gym today and do the elliptical or something if I have the strength.

Me too! I was still awake at 4:10 and never had a really sound sleep after that. Very caffeinated today.

royalsfan1 07-10-2007 02:40 PM

I ran 2.2 miles this morning. Week 7 Day 1! :)

I was up at 2:30 because my cat peed on me (she NEVER has done that before). Apparently she needed us up to tell us that she had diarrhea and had gone ALL OVER the utility room. So I was cleaning cat crap, showering, cleaning a mattress, and washing sheets and pajamas by 3:00 this morning. AGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

LisaMarie71 07-11-2007 08:33 AM

Eek, Tricia! That's horrible!

I managed to get some sleep last night, so I was able to do my 8 mile run this morning. My sister-in-law met me here at 6:00 this morning to join me for the first 3 miles, then she went home and I did my other 5. It wasn't easy, but it was fairly comfortable. Took me about an hour and 40 minutes, so it was a 12:30 pace, which is about right for a longish run for me. I'm dreading the scheduled 11 on Friday. It's just so humid in the morning here lately. It's 75 degrees at 6am, which I could deal with because that's not horribly hot, but the humidity percentage is like 93%. Ridiculous, the sweat that pours off me. My husband and I always have these sweaty clothes hanging around drying. It's disgusting. :lol:

I liked having a running partner with me this morning, but I also liked the part when I was alone! I think I prefer being alone, but it's nice to have company on occasion. I just feel bad because she's 4'10" or so, so her little legs have to go really fast just to keep up with my stride even though I'm slow!

onthetee 07-11-2007 09:15 AM

I am trying to picture the two of you running together!

I am off to break my 20-minute mind barrier. I have some weird mental block that only gets me to 16 minutes...

HeatherAngel 07-11-2007 10:08 AM

Oh My God Oh My God Oh My God!!!!

I RAN twenty minutes!!! I just thought to myself - well, do the eight, and then see how you feel... might as well try ten... oh, we're halfway - well, let's head back and keep going... oh, just round this bend and we're at the hill... and then it had been twenty minutes, and I DIDN'T DIE!!! :joker:

I am so pleased with myself... you might have guessed... :o

Hope everyone else is having a wonderful day, too :D Just had to share! So, no extension of week five, and on to week six! Woweee!!!

Heather ;)

onthetee 07-11-2007 10:52 AM

It did not happen for me today. I just was not 'there'. I did 10 two 10 again. I may call in a friend who runs to have her get me past this mental thing.

HeatherAngel 07-11-2007 12:05 PM

Oh, onthetee, I'm so sorry... I wish you were here (or I was there) and we could just jolly each other along!!

It will happen, I'm sure :hug: - I NEVER thought I could even do three minutes (!!!), so if *I* can do it, ANYONE can!

Heather :D

glitterlicious 07-11-2007 04:52 PM

hey everyone...haven't written in a while here.

I'm still going on the c25k program...4th week. :)

I'm doing my last week 4 workout on friday.

Week#4 is definetly a challenge, but totally doable!

Sheila53 07-11-2007 07:41 PM

Congratulations, Heather!! That must feel wonderful.

Three sluggish miles today--after yesterday's triple digit heat, it was cooler, but more humid. Afterward I lifted weights at the gym, and hired one of the personal trainers (who is also a running coach) to help me get over whatever is holding me back from running faster and longer.

LisaMarie71 07-12-2007 02:49 PM

Today was supposed to be an off day, but I felt like doing a quick run on the treadmill at the gym (which is surprising, since it's the first day of my TOM and I have cramps). I did 2.3 miles in 25 minutes and it was pretty comfortable. Nice to run inside and escape the humidity, but I still find the treadmill horribly boring. It's good for short runs only.

11 miles tomorrow -- I'm scared! That's gonna take me FOREVER!!

onthetee 07-12-2007 10:51 PM

11 miles! you can do it, and yes, it will eat a chunk out of your day, but you are awesome!

LisaMarie71 07-13-2007 10:01 AM

Thanks for cheering me on, onthetee!! :hug:

I DID do it, and it took 2 hours and 19 minutes! That's better than I thought, though -- average 12:39 mile pace, which isn't too bad for a long run (for me). It's nice because my husband is kind of doing the same training plan for the half, so we head out around the same time. Of course, he finishes MUCH earlier than I do!! His "slow" pace is between a 7 and 8 minute mile. Freak.

It wasn't exactly easy today, but it wasn't that bad. I have cramps from my TOM, but I managed to get through it anyway. Carrying my water belt was kind of annoying because during this TOM, you feel so heavy around your stomach and that area anyway. It doesn't feel good to strap something around there with water bottles on it and then run for 2 hours. But I got lost in the run and there were times when it felt really good. Woohoo! I'm glad it's over, though!

HeatherAngel 07-13-2007 10:54 AM

Morning! :wave:

Thanks, Sheila! It did feel amazing :)

Congrats, Lisa - I can't imagine running 11 miles - okay, I can IMAGINE it... but that's about it - you are SUCH an inspiration!!

I ran day 1 of week 6 this morning on my new treadmill - I LOVED it! It feels funny to have moved back down to alternating running and walking after running twenty minutes straight last time, but I guess it is all about building up endurance :)

It was really interesting to try to pick a speed on the treadmill after running outside - I had no idea what speed I was running (OR walking!) - I just thought 'slow' :lol3: ... so I walked at 3mph and ran at 5mph. It felt okay - good, even - but I can definitely push for a little more speed to get my heart rate up. Not a LOT more - :lol: - but a little :)

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Heather :D