Effectiveness of Bodyweight only exercises?

• Hi! I fell off the diet & exercise bandwagon about 2 years ago, and I gained back 30 of the 50+ lbs. I'd lost. In the past couple of months, though, I've found my enthusiasm again. I'm counting calories and have lost about 9 lbs. so far. I haven't been exercising, though. I want to get back into it, but this time, I'm in the mood for something "low tech," so to speak. I was wondering if anyone here has done resistance training using only bodyweight exercises (e.g., push-ups, pull-ups, etc.). If so, what were your results?

Thanks!
  • I do this when i do pilates and yoga. It makes me feel SO much better. I lose weight slower but i get burnt out SO easily when i exercise full force. Like cardio and weight training at the gym. I know i will have to do it, but i am freshly back from a long time off program too. I find that pilates and yoga and walking are the best ways for me to ease back in. I do know that i will platuea just doing the pilates, so i will have to at least kick it up to doing some cardio, but for now, pilates does the trick.
    I really recommend Winsor Pilates for beginners. I have done pilates for 2 years and this dvd is still my favorite. Tones the whole body, using just your body. Pretty cool.
  • PUSH (see banner at right ) is based on this and it's very effective. They send you a new dvd every month that is slightly more advanced as your fitness increases.