Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 05-29-2007, 09:42 PM   #1  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Default Ball workouts

I got me a 65 cm ball this weekend ( it was cheaper than the 55) and I was wondering how many of you use this tool and how effective has it been? I'm a little imtimidated. I'm scared I am gonna fall, LOL! It came with a pump, poster with a zillon exercises on it, and 45 minute DVD for abs. I am gonna go for a bike ride tomorrow and then try this thing....Wish me luck!

I know with my height I was suposed to get the 55 cm, but I am only a half inch short of what was needed for the 65. I figure it won't be so bad....
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 10:00 PM   #2  
Slowly Shrinking

S/C/G: 271/157/145

Height: 5'9"

I use the ball for my turbojam workouts and it certainly works on your abs and other areas, once you get the hang of it. Make sure you take things slow at first until your body adjusts to the balance. Make sure you also inflate the ball to the appropriate level. When you sit on the ball, your legs should be at a 90 degree angle at the hips and knees.
Christine in NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 10:36 PM   #3  
Token Vulcan

I've just started using it and not consistently yet so I can't speak as to its effectiveness but I think as long as you start out slow and accustom yourself to the ball, you'll be okay. One thing I realized is that you can inflate it more than you think you can. You can see if it's going down just a little too much when you're on it. I was still able to pump more air into it to make it stronger. I followed some of Leslie Sansone's tips to get used to the ball. I sat on it and alternated kicking my legs out. From that position, I then slid down the ball til my back was resting on it and basically lifted my my lower torso/butt up and down. I've lain on it sideways to do leg lifts, I've lain on it chest down and done push-ups (my own little fun thing to be kind of levitating for a while, lol). Oh, keep your sneakers on, better traction.
trekkiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 10:20 AM   #4  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Thanks! I'm going to give it a go today! I hope I like it!
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 10:32 AM   #5  

You might also try finding either Kathy Smith's ball workout (can't think of the title but it was from a few years ago) or Karen Voight's BLT on the Ball workout. They both have lots of pointers -- you might even be able to find them at your library.
bdandy3 is offline   Reply With Quote