Update on ZUMBA class

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • OH MY GAWD! I just have to love ZUMBA.....
    But after all I am a latina.... so..... I just have to love my zumba, it reminds me my single days, at the latin club, dancing the nite away....
  • I like zumba too. I take it once a week....well, i try to. My friend isn't going to be able to go for the next few weeks, so i need to really try to go by myself. It is a fun class. I take 3 Ultra Do-All classes and zumba is fun, but less stressful as those 3 classes. I look at zumba as a day of rest basically between my two other days of class. Although, zumba is not THAT easy. The salsa moves can be tricky. I do highly recommend it to anyone who wants to take a cardio class. It is alot of fun!!!
  • So, is it Dancing like the salsa w/exercise moves thrown in? It sounds interesting...
  • Quote: OH MY GAWD! I just have to love ZUMBA.....
    But after all I am a latina.... so..... I just have to love my zumba, it reminds me my single days, at the latin club, dancing the nite away....
    have a GREAT TIME!
  • Oh i took it last week, it was great! I just hope the mean lady wont talk to me today!
  • what mean lady?? the instructor?? a lady in the class??
  • Quote: Oh i took it last week, it was great! I just hope the mean lady wont talk to me today!
    if she does look at her with all seriousness and say

"I see you are both observant AND rude"

seriously if she's like me she has no ability to control her inner voice and just blurted out what she was thinking

to be honest hon come stand next to me you will look teeny tiny.
  • Quote: if she does look at her with all seriousness and say

"I see you are both observant AND rude"

seriously if she's like me she has no ability to control her inner voice and just blurted out what she was thinking

to be honest hon come stand next to me you will look teeny tiny.
    Oh you have been so nice to me.....
    Thanks!!!!
  • Quote: what mean lady?? the instructor?? a lady in the class??
    A lady who called me FAT the other day, she actually walked to me and said "YOU LOOK SO FAT"
    I used to have this very awful eating disorder. I got really skinny starving myself and abusing my poor body and then I gained some weight thanks to therapy and basically BINGE EATING.... I am striving for balance now
  • Quote: So, is it Dancing like the salsa w/exercise moves thrown in? It sounds interesting...
    It is like a cardio class, very fast paced, with Salsa, Meringue, Reggaton (it is like spanish hip-hop) Bachata etc...
    I used to dance a lot when I was siingle....
  • Oh Lordy, I'd prolly stumble all over myself! LOL! It does sound fun though. I watch that "Dancing With The Stars" show, and always think to myself how much fun it would be to do what they are doing! Maybe in 20 or 30 lbs less I'll give it a try.

In the meantime, if that mean person say's anything to you again, pull her to the side and say, "Um, I didn't want to say anything, but you've had this gigantic burger hanging out of your nose for quite sometime, just saying..." hehe
  • Mi gusta salsa! I've never heard of this class but I'm going to see if my gym has it.
  • Update on ZUMBA class

OMG!!! It was so much fun (and the hubby was very happy to see me happy last nite, he even said "good Luck in your class" )

And the mean lady was there but she did not talked to me THANKS GOD!
  • Quote: Mi gusta salsa! I've never heard of this class but I'm going to see if my gym has it.
    Mami, you said you were going to send me the spreadsheet
  • OMG! Remember ^ up there I said that I like that Dancing With The Stars show and wish I had them dancer's bodies and it looks like such fun? Well, I was SOOOO excited last night when they said they are putting out a Dancing With The Stars- Cardio Dance!!! WooooHooooo!!!! I can't wait to get this! They asked Joey and Ian how much weight they've lost in the 10 weeks of doing this and both said anywhere between 18 to 20 LBS! That's what iIm talking about! I think it's very important to have fun while you workout.