Should I do more reps?

• Hi all,

I need your help. I just started working out, last week. I did 6 days. 3 days of cardio and then 3 days of toning. I use free weights and a stability ball for toning. The instructional video I watched only showed one set (10-12 reps) for each exercise. I would personally like to do more...possibly an extra set. The toning routine is a full body workout so should I do the extra rep right then (example, two sets of bicep curls) OR should I do my full body workout one time (with the one set of reps) and then go back and do the identical full body work out again (which would be a second cycle). Does either of these methods have an advantage?

I also have another question: Is there a advantage to doing a full body workout 3 times a week versus upper body workout 3 days and lower body workout 3 times = 6 workouts? I am sorry for this drawn out question. I am new to working out. I really want to whip my body back into shape. I am really dedicated this time and I want to do the best I can. I thank you all for your help and input...also encouragement