Re: Exercise and OverEating!

• I have a question..

I have always walked.. (well for a couple of years anyway).. last week I added a workout almost every afternoon.. I did the FIRM crosstraining video.. it was VERY hard for me.. so I decided it was what I needed to be doing.. ( I was actually sore then next day but did it again.. I did it four days last week) it is lots of squats and lunges and also at the same time upper body weights. I could not do the entire hour.. but made it through 30 min four times last week.

I have been eating fairly well calorie wise.. (at least I think)..
    my calories for last week were:

Last sat: 1400 even
    Sunday - 1455
    Monday - 1615
    Tuesday - 1555
    Wednesday - 1100
    Thursday - 1375
    Friday - 1279 (before the binge)

I had made it up to 1279 by 3:30pm and then I could not stop eating..
    (I am going to post this in the "chicks in control thread" as well but wondered if an exercise thread could too could help.. because I wonder if it's related?

I am still very heavy.. maybe with the extra exercise my body was not getting enough food? (I have had a problem with bingeing before.. but not in quite some time)..

any advise? has this ever happened to anyone before?
    Cary
  • Wednesday, Thursday and Friday were all a bit lower than the rest of the week. Perhaps you need to aim for 1500 calories for awhile. It very well could be that you were not getting enough calories.

Also eat frequent small meals (at least this works for me). And plenty of protien. Especially right after you do strength training.

Good luck!
  • Hi Cary!

I recently came off a 5 week plateau. I found that I really wasn't eating enough calories. My suggestion is to add 1-200 calories a day for a week and see how you make out.

Good luck!
  • Thank you!
    I will do that..
    I am adding about 150 and I will see how the weight loss goes..

thank you for posting!
    Cary