Need advice on Pedometer comparison

• I searched on this site and found many topics on pedometers but most were pretty old threads. Many people suggested the Omron HJ-112 and i was wonder if you still find it helpful. Have you changed your mind about it at all? I checked at Walmart online and they have one for $18 (which is odd because on here it averaged about $30-40) but they also have the HJ-720ITC for like $44. Didn't see much of a difference. Does anybody have this or know what the difference is? I bought a $12 one from Walmart by Sportline but i really don't think i'm going to like the talking part because i want to use it at work too and that would be rather distracting.

Thanks,
    Amy
  • ATTENTION! Amy has walked 555 steps!

You mean something like that going off in the office?

I got a little $5.00 Walmart one last week just to see if I'd use it. As closely as I monitored that thing, you wouldn't think I would forget it this morning!

I'd like to see the responses to this as well. Also, would one that monitors heart function be worth the money? Would it work on my bicycle as well?

Thanks for asking this question.
  • I have that pedometer. I paid about 35ish for it, but its worth it cos its accurate on drugstore.com its only about 23. I bought one of those less expensive ones before, but I noticed that it over counted steps. The cool thing about it is that you don't always have to wear it. If your shopping you can just put in your purse and it will keep counting. I would recommend getting the Omron HJ-122.