Golf- Exercise or not?

• I'm wondering how you all feel about golfing? Should it be considered exercise or not? I know when I play, because I am not very good, I usually end up chasing my ball MOST of the time, LOL!

What do y'all think?
  • Are you walking or using a cart?

I would think that anything that has you moving could be counted as a form of exercise...

Especially if you are chasing balls.... LOL

I don't know if you would find one on 3FC - but there are tables that tell you how many calories you burn with different activities...

Anyway - if you are having fun - what does it matter? Enjoy yourself!!
  • If you're physically at least a little tired when you're done, it was exercise.
  • I don't play golf, but if you are walking (not carting), I would consider it to be low intensity exercise. You are walking and on your feet for at least two hours. That can burn calories. I know that in the summer, my husband loses around 15 lbs, just because he is on the golf course.
  • Well Fitday claims it is and it counts as 3 calories burned per minute played.
  • If you walk & carry your clubs, yeah. I don't see how it couldn't be. Heck, mallwalking is exercise, so why not golf?
  • I agree. Sure, it's exercise if walking. Maybe not intense cardio, but still you are certainly being active and thus burning calories!
  • We get a cart, but like I said, I don't spend much time in it, LOL! I do have fun, but I chase the balls more than anything and we play on a hilly course so I even get winded at times and I am so tired and my feet are usually killing me when it's all over. I reckon I'll call it exercise! hehe