Hula Hooping

• I bought a hula hoop today...just a regular one because we are low income so can't afford one of the expensive weighted ones. I did it for about 2 minutes (man it's hard to do!) and I could already feel it in my abs. Has anyone ever done hula hooping exercises?
  • I do the hoop occasionally. I used to use the weighted one at Curves, but just do the .99 Wal*Mart hoop at home now.
  • Do you just keep going around and around in circles....or do you actually have any cool fancy moves you do?
  • I have one and I love it, but it gets monotonous because I don't do much more than go around in circles. It's fun to do in the garage with music on, on a nice day. It's currently too cold to do it, and my house is too small to do it inside. I thought I'd never be able to keep it up for any amount of time, but I very quickly got up to speed with it. There are groups who do it around my area, but I'm too shy right now to actually show up and do it with them.
  • Fancy moves? LOL Not if I wanna keep the dang thing on my waist I don't. Now with the weighted one, I would dance and walk around with it on. But it's all I can do to keep the cheap one from falling down. I spend about 5 minutes going around, then reverse direction for 5.