sore body

• I am working body parts that have not been worked in quite a few months. I started taking aerobic classes and now I feel tight and sore...does anyone have any suggestions on how I can relieve some pain? I heard that bathing in sea salt relaxes the muscle. Any tips like that would be great.

It even hurts to type lol.
  • If you aren't sensitive to it, take some Aleve. Then start drinking LOTS of water to flush out the compounds that are sitting in your muscles making them sore. When you're in that hot tub, massage the muscles that are the sorest. All of this will help, but otherwise, enjoy the feeling that you did a really good thing for your muscles and wait it out!
  • sounds good! thank you!!!
  • I find that stretching can help a lot, too.
  • Another one I've heard (although I don't have scientific evidence to back it up at my fingertips) is eating pineapple or papaya (or drinking juice) - apparently it contains a chemical that eases muscle soreness.
  • At your local pharmacy I´m sure you can get some oil for your muscles that you have to put in bath...it´s nice relaxing and it smells nice as well
  • I'm with you right now and would recommend some ibuprofen (motrin or advin) and doing so cardio every day between w/l days as it really helps to keep the muscles moving (but not straining) and then you can get a nice stretch afterward.