3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   February Walk/Run Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/103729-february-walk-run-challenge.html)

ArtsyGirl 02-02-2007 09:15 AM

February Walk/Run Challenge

Well I hope no one minds me starting the month. Lets all get moving and see what we can accomplish. What's your goal for this short month????

ArtsyGirl 02-02-2007 09:17 AM

Miles done - 4

I havent chosen my goal for the month. It'll be on the short side due to a big cold spell in store and the shortened month. Plus after missing last months goal I really want to make a goal I can make.

WindyCityChick 02-02-2007 09:30 AM

Ok, I did not even come close to reaching my January goal - primarily because I was overly optimistic that I would run while on a 2 week vacation - didn't even do it once! (At least I was walking a fair amount every day)

So, now I'm dropping back on mileage and will try to re-build to pre-vacation levels. But - it's really cold outside! Combining all those factors with the short month, and I think I will set my goal to be 80 miles for the month. So far, I've completed 2.75....77.25 to go.

Commit2Urself 02-02-2007 10:36 AM

I'm in - this month it's gonna be 70 again, but less days in the month so it's upping the milage a little bit per day. 4.3 miles done yesterday and I'll hit the gym after my class today. yippie.

akoalaatemylion 02-02-2007 10:56 AM

Hallo! This will be my first challenge - I'm going to try for 65 this month, since it's a short month and I'm going on a week-long cruise.

ArtsyGirl 02-02-2007 11:03 AM

OK, I've thought it over and I'm aiming really low with 60 miles this month.

February Goal - 60
Miles Done - 4 (0 R/4 W)
Miles to Goal - 56

ennay 02-02-2007 02:01 PM

Well, I am aiming REALLY low. I finally got in to get cast for orthotics for my feet. I can run with what I have now, but need the orthotics for long term longruns. 3 weeks to get them, 2 weeks to break them in.

But I finally had to acknowledge that new shoes werent fixing my shinsplints this time and so I am in to physical therapy for that. Hopefully I will be able to run some because non impact stuff like elliptical kills my feet (see orthotics above)

YP1 02-02-2007 03:12 PM

I'll join in this month and aim for about 125 miles run before the end of the month. I've made a good start with just under 8 today, and I'm hoping for a long run tomorrow.

ArtsyGirl 02-02-2007 04:32 PM

Helen-so nice to see you on this thread-I've lurked on the running thread you post on and have been in awe of you! Seriously it's neat to hear about your racing/training, and you're a definite role model for weight loss.

ennay-hang in there for the orthotics. I have some and dont really feel a difference with or without them, but still use them. Hope you can keep doing the shorter runs and really hope that your shin splints clear up fast.

akoalaatemylion-(cute name) Welcome!

Commit and Rachel-good to see ya back.

YP1 02-03-2007 07:46 AM

Thanks for the welcome Brandy. I'm thinking I might have set my target a bit high because I'll be away for a short holiday in the middle of the month, and it's a short month anyway, but I'll see how I go. 14.9 miles this morning, to take me to 22.8/125.

Michele L 02-03-2007 08:44 AM

Wow! Everyone's off to a great start! I have decided to aim HIGH this month because last month I went for 70 miles and ended with 96.5! I'll walk 85 miles this month!

February Goal: 85 miles
Miles completed: 6 miles
Miles remaining: 79 miles

Have a great weekend!

Michele :wave:

ArtsyGirl 02-03-2007 10:02 AM

February Goal - 60
Miles Done - 7 (0 R/7 W)
Miles to Goal - 53

I may have found my limit on temp. for me not going for a walk. We cut it short this morning with 3 instead of 4 miles. I'm not sure what the wind chill was and probably really dont want to know.

Michele L 02-03-2007 11:51 AM

I just finished 4 fast WATP miles with the new Walk Slim System!

February Goal: 85 miles
Miles completed: 10 miles
Miles remaining: 75 miles

akoalaatemylion 02-03-2007 01:23 PM

2.5 each yesterday and today, for 5/65. I'm considering doing an 8K near the end of March (the Shamrock Shuffle! :lucky: ). I'm a currently a run/walker, and I'd like to at least jog the whole way. Does it sound feasable to build up to almost 5 miles in about two months?

WindyCityChick 02-03-2007 03:26 PM

akoalaatemylion, kudos to you for doing the Shamrock Shuffle! If you're at 2.5 miles running now, I am sure you can work up to 8k by March. I am going to do a 5k in Chicago this spring, but the size of the shuffle was a bit overwhelming for me (30,000 runners!) so I'm looking at a slightly smaller event for my first race.