What's in your gym bag?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I want to buy a gym bag, and it got me to thinking what others bring with them to the gym on a regular basis. I just got an ipod and love it (with the armstrap thingy.) I also have my heart rate monitor. I usually bring a book, my water bottle, but I didn't have a comb today. I'm thinking a small makeup bag would be good too, though I often come straight home (though I went food shopping today.) I don't plan out my days well. I'm thinking some form of food would be good, and chapstick and lotion, etc.

So, do you have any interesting stuff in your gym bag?
  • Mp3 player, shoes, and usually a book and a sweater for when I leave (its cold!) And a giant water bottle. Face wash and a toothbrush, and an emergency supply of snack bars in case I get famished. Extra hairties and clips to pull my hair back into its workout pigtails.
  • I don't have a gym bag...but its because i live right down the street and all i ever bring is my ipod, bottle water, and a small towel.
  • depending on the day, I have either my boxing gloves and hand wraps, or my running shoes and iPod stuff.

I always have sweat pants, a sweat shirt, a hat, extra hair thingies and up until recently there was a random mouth guard in there. I shudder to think how old, and how gross it might have been.
  • Pretty much some of what's been listed, but I noted no one mentioned the one item we can never do without....hair dryer.
  • My gym has hairdryers in the ladies locker room, which saves me a ton of space.
  • All of the above plus extra socks plus a plastic bag to put my sweaty clothes in. Also a pen and notebook with my weights workout listed. I don't usually shower at the gym - just go on home - but when I know I'm going to I stick my travel toilet kit in. It has everything I need. My gym has hairdryers too, thank goodness.
  • sneakers, a small towel, ipod, HR monitor, big bottle of water, hair elastics, lotion, chapstick, and apple for the after the gym crave...
  • Ok here we go (I'm in the process of swapping over so I do know everything in there! )

First of all (won't apply to many!) sparring kit
    boxing gloves, shin guards, foot pads, 3 random mouth guards, hand wraps
    skipping rope
    deep heat
    badger balm
    paracetamol
    ibuprofen
    plasters
    bandage
    micropore tape
    pro plus
    gym card
    lifting gloves
    trainers
    spare sports bra
    deoderant
    footeze (little half sock things that I sometimes use in MMA)
    notebook
    pen
    Zen
    spare £1s for the lockers
    another membership card
    numerous water bottles

I think that's it!!!

I seem to be a fair bit scruffier than you girls - no personal grooming products I don't even bother with a hairbrush after it's been fuzzed up by other people's boxing gloves! Scruffy and proud!
  • Wow, thanks for the replies. I saw mentioned a few things I could add to my bag (which I will try to buy today.) I think I need a bigger bag than I originally thought. I guess I just want to be better prepared.

What happens is I go to the gym, all dressed in my gym clothes, and then decide to go shopping afterwards, and then I look like a shlump. Perhaps I need to start changing at the gym, and even contemplate the shower and all. I come home, exhausted, then plop in front of the computer, and 3 hours finally decide to shower, and haven't accomplished anything.

I think I have to rethink my whole day actually...lol. Going to the gym take up a lot of time.

Oh, a lock, did anyone mention bringing a lock?
  • Shower shoes!!! I cant get in those public showers without them!
  • clothes/towel
    lock, body glide, deodorant, hairbrush with ponytail holders wrapped on the handle
    earphones
    about a gajillion stringcheese wrappers
    apple stringcheese and water

diapers, diaper wipes, changing pad and spare baby outfit (although usually I just bring in the whole dang diaper bag too)
  • Quote: Shower shoes!!! I cant get in those public showers without them!
    I bring shower shoes to the pool but not the gym...weird huh?
  • Let's see

Lock
    Carmex (lip balm)
    weight gloves
    baggie with face cleansing pads
    trial size Olay facial moisturizer
    shower shoes
    drawers
    socks
    id card
    water bottle
    small towel
    workout book

Tiki
  • 2frustrated~ war? or the gym? just jokeing, but u are one **** of a ready girl...my sisters like that, with her purse, anytime i need anything, eyeliner, comb, floss, bandaids, shes got it..lol...and all in a not so large very well organized purse...

yes on the shower shoes! all though they are community showers where i go, its a european thing, so i refuse to shower with seven size 0 ladies...maybe one daY!