Exercise Accountability -- FEBRUARY!!

You're on Page 1 of 8
Go to
  • Wow, Februrary already ...

Back and biceps, run later... Gotta go...
  • Just a quick post - Krista on Stumptuous.com is looking for heavier female athletes to answer a questionnaire - if you go and check out the iron bit on her site, it's under "What's New?" on the right hand side.
  • Cardio and weights for arms.
  • A killer hour-long arm workout (I walked in and said to my trainer "I had a really frustrating day - I'd like you to kick my ***" and he said "we can do that") followed by 50 on the elliptical.
  • 2 hours kickboxing (more like 2.5 but that was just logistics!)
  • Nice long run/walk this morning (well, long for me...3.6 mi...and I ran the first 1.6 without stopping to walk, which is more than I've ever done, so I'm happy. Had to do an early workout because I have a blood donation appt today, and I always get dizzy afterward if I work out.
  • No exercise, but I did go to the podiatrist and got cast for orthotics (Ilene, you said you had them right? tell me they are wonderful and worth $380) and got a prescription for physical therapy. Hopefully I wont be running in pain soon.

I did go to a 2 hour long intro to belly dancing thing last night.
  • 3 mile run/walk

I did nothing the last two days, because I can't shake the sickness, and I shouldn't have gone on the group run this morning. Oh how I wish I hadn't! I had to take lots of walk breaks, and then when we were nearly done I fell and slammed my face into the sidewalk. Huge bruise and swelling around my left eye, cut knees, and a chipped front tooth.
  • Pilates and some push ups.

My knee is getting better so hopefully I can increase my workouts.
  • Quote: No exercise, but I did go to the podiatrist and got cast for orthotics (Ilene, you said you had them right? tell me they are wonderful and worth $380) and got a prescription for physical therapy. Hopefully I wont be running in pain soon.

I did go to a 2 hour long intro to belly dancing thing last night.
    Ennay, they are the BESTEST investment I have ever spent $400 on HONEST.... DD had sore knees before orthotics and no longer has problems... Well worth the price.... But it just bugs me that they take pennies to actually make ... my nephew used to work for a podiatrist and this is what he told me .... Oh well, they know when they have us...
  • Ennay -- Just wanted to add that the Doc had said it would take a couple of weeks for me to adjust to them, but my first run with them in my shoes were the best and I haven't looked back since... So they may or may not be comfortable the first time out... I also find that since I wear them all the time, at the gym too doing core standing stuff, that if I forget to wear them I am totally off balance now...
  • Lisamarie, I hope you are doing better! That sucks!!! I feel for you! I am lucky, I have thought about what would happen if I fell while I was outside walking, and the thought isn't pretty. I have done the Richard Simmons Tonin Downtown this morning, and have walked 1 mile ( so far ) to WATP today. ( intend to do more though...)
  • Legs
  • Thanks, luckyducky! I feel much better today -- but my students really got a kick out of my big black eye, let me tell you!

today: 3 mile run, 30 min strength training (total body)
  • 50 minutes stationary bike, 40 min full body weights