3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   Spinning (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/103424-spinning.html)

aggie2006 01-30-2007 05:26 AM

Spinning

any spinners out there? my gym offers 4 levels of spinning, i took the lowest intensity one...holy cow! sweat was pouring down my face like never before...i was dying!! and my bottom, when does that stop being the worst experience ever? hahaha...actually i loved spinning, best workout out there...a killer though...limiting it to once a week...although my HR monitor showed me at 480cals burned! def worth a try for those who have never done it...:D

Lovestorun 01-30-2007 09:01 AM

I love my spinning class- just took one this am at 5:30 WOW I feel great!!!

I am now trying to take a class at least three times a week. I does wonders
for my energy level as well as mood. :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

sharonrr 01-30-2007 09:23 AM

Hi, thanks for the info. I was thinking about taking one. Now I will
Sharon

elisa822 01-30-2007 09:40 AM

I'm scared of the spinners! ;)

Really though, I took a spinning class years ago. I remember that it really hurt my bum (I think everyone says that) and that it was super intense. People who love it seem to really love it and I'm sure it's great for the calorie burn.

I've been thinking about it for a while but I am a bit afraid of what appears to be some sort of spinners clique that goes on, I'm afraid of the pain and not being able to get through the class. I'm not sure if we have different levels or not. I think a beginner class might be less scary.

carol2208 01-30-2007 10:12 AM

I love spinning too, once I took it for one month, 5x a week, the wonders that did for my body were amazing !
I had to stop as I moved to a new country, but Now I´m planing on doing it again, today will be my first class... I can´t wait !:)

Elisa, how do you control the weight on your bike ? I remember the first time I did it, I tried to keep up with everyone and do it at the same speed and bike weight level, the result was that I couldn´t finish the class and it took me a week to walk normal again... when I got back on the bike I started slower and began to increase the exercize intensity little by little, class by class...

MissDee 01-31-2007 08:28 AM

I just did my first spinning class yesterday! I enjoyed it. I'm in pretty good shape. I was able to finish the class, but not at the speed the instructor was demanding :) I'll definately go back.

aggie2006 02-01-2007 04:11 AM

carol~ the bike should have an intensity nob that u turn throughout the class, for instance, when ur riding high speed, low resistance, up the hill, high resistance...and if u cant keep up u lower the intensity to the level u r comfortable with...ask the trainers, they'll be able to tell u where it is and how to use it...i hope i answered the correct question...enjoy ur first workout in ur new city!

so my conclusion after reading the posts, the bum wont feel better anytime soon, lol...oh well, its still worth it!