Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-03-2007, 05:57 PM   #1  
wishing to be 125

S/C/G: 258/258/125

Height: 5'2

Default Exercice suggestions

Can someone suggest a exercise program that is effective in only doing it for a short period per day. I work 11 hours a day and by time I get home I am too tired to do a large routine, and I get up too early to do it in the morning.

So if someone can suggest something that works well, but is a quick work out I would appreciate it.
125goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 06:10 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 152/140/125

Height: 5'7"

Here's an idea for you...

Sunday - hour walk
Monday - 30 min simple strength training (push ups, sit ups, tri-dips, squats and lunges)
Tuesday - 15 minutes jumping rope & 50 jumping jacks OR a 30 minute cardio exercise video/DVD (available at the library if you don't want to purchase)
Thursday - 30 min simple strength training (push ups, sit ups, tri-dips, squats and lunges)
Friday - 30 minute walk
Saturday - day off

As always, you should consult your doctor before starting any exercise program. There are many AWESOME fitness videos/DVDs on the market to keep your workouts fresh. My favorite cardio workout is a nice, long walk/run outdoors.

Good Luck!
Genesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 06:24 PM   #3  
Ilene the Bean

Those are great suggestions Genesis...

My suggestion would be to just get out and go for a walk... get a few dumbells and do that for a half hour... do some videos as Genesis suggested there are plenty out there...

30 minutes of something is better than 30 minutes of nothing...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 06:34 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

Walk away the Pounds video by Leslie Sansone, start off with a 2 mile walk. Takes about 20-30 minutes and is a good workout. Can be done in the rain and even if it's dark. I started with them long ago and loved them. Always ready when you are and if you get interrupted you stop and pick it back up whenever you get a chance again.
sportmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 07:45 PM   #5  
Ilene the Bean

Check these out:

The Ultimate 30-Minute Workout

Here's a military workout
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote