3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   Oxycise #32 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/10013-oxycise-32-a.html)

ageoldie 10-05-2001 02:20 PM

Oxycise #32

ageoldie
Senior Mustang Mama Hen

IP:

10-04-2001 02:43 PM profile | pm | | search | buddy list edit | quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ok,oK,ok...
If everyone is going to get back on the Oxycise track I guess I'd better do that too. But... I can't start anything on Friday, so Monday will be the day, or maybe Sunday.. Anyway I need to get serious for the next three weeks. Then we leave for our convention in Las Vegas and I want to be Slim & Trim & Whatever for that. I've been working on my hairstyle and am finally getting it in shape. I went to a hairdresser about 6 months ago that really ruined my hair. She gave me the perm from ****...and it's been a long six weeks, but I've finally gotten it back in shape and gotten a new perm, and next week I get more color, and then I think I'll be able to look decent for a while

Well, I'm at work, so I need to get off the net and get back to work.

Report this post

ageoldie 10-05-2001 02:22 PM

NEW THREAD...

I hate threads that are over a page, so I tried the paste thing to bring my last post to a new thread. It looks like I should have tried cut and paste, but at least it got the job done.

Lucidone 10-09-2001 12:07 PM

Finally did it!

Ok, so I was supposed to get back on track last week... but got sooooo tired... however, last night I finally made the breakthrough and did Level 1!!!! Be proud - I am!

Plan to do more O! tonight after I get home from my second job. Hopefully I'll be able to start doing it again in the mornings, but I've been having trouble getting my heater to work (ex-bf installed complicated computerized thermostat) and I've been waking up to a 61 degree household every morning. Probably warmer outside in the suN!

Have a good day everybody!

ras8779 10-09-2001 04:38 PM

Hi everyone:wave:!

Okay I admit that I haven't been doing much of any type of exercise and that's including O! So I guess it's time to get back on track. I know I'll feel so much better once I start again:D!

Barbg-Thanks for starting a new thread.:) I hate the long ones too. They take so long to load. I know what you mean about the hairdresser ruining your hair. My last hair cut was so bad and uneven that I couldn't wait for it to grow out. And you did a great job starting the new thread:D! How's O going for you?

Juliette-way to go on getting that Level 1 done:D! I'm jealous;)! I hope to do L2 tonight myself. I need to do something. It was great to see your post. I'll try to post more often now too.

Okay everyone take care and I'll report tomorrow what I did tonight:D!

ageoldie 10-09-2001 09:55 PM

Hi Gang.

Well, yesterday all I was able to do was the commuter tape, but today I did level 3. I'm not sure why I chose level 3, other than the VCR ate my L1 and I'm bored with L2. Anyway it was a pretty good workout, and I'm proud of myself for getting it done.

ras8779 10-10-2001 03:14 PM

Hi Oers:wave:!

Barbg-You should be proud of yourself:D! Way to go! I wish I could say the same but I only managed to do my commuter tape while I waited for my son to get out of practice. I guess some O is better then no O right? Some of the other Levels are a bit hard for me. I stick to the L2 because it's easy and fast. But I do like L3 and L4 too. Maybe I'll try L4 tonight for some variety. Keep up the good job with O!

Anyone else out there have some O to report?:)

bonnysammy 10-10-2001 05:28 PM

Hi! Does Oxycise really work? I have tried it, and it didn't seem to do much. But, I only tried for a short time, maybe that is why.

ageoldie 10-11-2001 12:51 PM

bonnysammy

YES it does work, except you do have to be consisentent with it. Unfortunately it's not a quick fix. Is anything??? :?:

But as an Oxyciser of over a year, I know that I feel much better and the weight comes off easier, and the bigest payoff is I look better. I can be Oxycising for about a week and people start talking about how much weigh I look like I've lost. (I think it has to do with the fact that I hold myself better and my abdomen is firmer?)

Anyway give it a few week, and let us know what you think!

Tazmani77 10-13-2001 05:06 PM

Excuse me, Can someone inlighten me as to what the Oxyciser is? I have heard of it but never knew what is was.

ageoldie 10-13-2001 09:16 PM

Oxycixe

Hi TAZ Oxycise is a type of exercise that combines deep breathing with isometric positions. It's very similar to body flex, byt not as strenious, or noisy. You can learn more about it at www.oxyciseplus.com

bonnysammy 10-14-2001 11:24 PM

Body Flex is pretty much the same thing, right?

ras8779 10-15-2001 03:17 PM

Well I'm happy to report that I've been Oeing regularly for the last few days and it feels great:D! I didn't want to do it this morning but I got up and did L2! And I'm glad I did. It's amazing how I can feel the difference almost immediately!

bonnysammy-Yes you're right that Oxycise is allot like BodyFlex. The breathing techinique is just different but the concept is the same. I find that O works better for me but everyone is different. Have you done BF? If you did or are still doing it why don't you post with us. Breathing is breathing after all:)!

Taz-Hey there:)! Yes I'm a Oer. I've had the program for years and years and it's great. Barbg has the best idea, to go look at the O website at www.oxyciseplus.com and read about it. It really helps with my energy level and helps me to workout better. Check it out:D!

Barbg-Always nice to see you hanging in there. I know I've neglected this thread but I'm so glad you've kept it going:)! Thanks. I'm back to Oeing so I will be posting more. It does make me feel so much better.

ras8779 10-17-2001 01:24 PM

Hi all:wave:!

Hey what happened to everyone? I need some support:^:!

Well I didn't O this morning because my alarm went off and I didn't hear it.:mad: So I will try to do it tonight.

Barbg-How are you doing? Check in when you can:D!

Juliette-What happened to you? Please check in:D!

Okay I'll check in later to see what's going on. Keep Oeing everyone.

ageoldie 10-17-2001 10:38 PM

Hi Rose

Well, I'm off again/on again with my Oxycise. I have been doing it more than not, but I still can't seem to get back to doing it every day. WHY??? Why Why Why. It doesn't make sense. I KNOW how much better it makes me feel, I KNOW how much better it make me look. It only takes 15 minutes. Why can't I get back in the everyday O habit?

ras8779 10-18-2001 10:48 AM

Hi Oers:wave:!

Barbg-That is a good question because I do the same thing:(! I did manage to do my O this morning and I agree it does make me feel so much better when I do it. We can do it Barb. Even if we miss one day let's make a deal to do it the next day. I feel so much better this morning after Oeing. We can do it:D!

Hey where did everyone else go? Please check in we need the support.

Have a great O day everyone:D!

ras8779 10-23-2001 02:08 PM

Hey where did everyone go?:?:

Well I managed to do my O this morning. I did my upper body and abs tape this morning. Boy that's a tough one. I feel better for it though. How are all of you doing? I hope you can work some O into your schedule. I know it's hard. But it really does help you feel better. I hope you all are doing well and can check in soon. I'm getting lonely here:(!

ageoldie 10-25-2001 10:31 PM

Hi

Well I'm here, but not for long. I leave tomorrow for our vacation, and boy am I ready. I am going to take my L3 tape with me and if we have a vcr in our room, Ill do it. We are staying in suites and sometime theydo have vcr's. I also plan to swim as much as I can. I made sure the hotels we stay in on the way have indoor pools. Of course the hotel in Las Vegas does not have an indoor pool, but I bet I can find ways to keep myself occupied. I'll try to check in while we are gone.

ageoldie 10-28-2001 09:59 AM

Okay Rose

It's Sunday morning and we are in Flaggstaff AZ and we DO have a VCR in the room and I DO have my video. Now what's my excuse? Since I don't have one I'll have to try and see if I can wo rk in 15 minutes.

Tazmani77 10-28-2001 06:57 PM

Thanks Barbg, I'll check it out.
Good to see you Rose. I should have known that you would know too. :)

Is this what Oxycise will look like when I do it? :lol:

ras8779 10-30-2001 05:28 PM

Taz-You are so funny:D! I don't know about how you'll look doing O but that's how I look;)! I hope you give it a try.

Barbg-I don't know what to tell you because I'm in the same boat you're in. But I'm at home and still don't do it. I had such a busy weekend but I could have worked O into it somewhere if I really tried. But of course I didn't. I haven't Oed since Friday:mad:! Tonight I will do one of the tapes though. It really does make me feel better plus I just got a haircut and I think it would look much better with a thinner face;)! So lets get Oeing. We can do it Barb!

What happened to everyone else? Check in please. Even if you are doing BodyFlex or Life Lift it doesn't matter. Join us:)!

ageoldie 11-02-2001 10:17 PM

Well, I't Friday night and we are in Salt Lake City: Everytime I open my suitcase the video falls out an I feel guilty. Maybe when I get back home I'll get back in the O grove. I hope so anyway.

I just want to check in and keep the thread going. I'm having a great time and seeing some great scenery.

Have a great weekend.

ras8779 11-06-2001 12:17 PM

Okay where is everybody?

Barbg-When do you get back? How about we start fresh after your vacation. I need to get back on track because it's been a week since I did O! And I have no excuses:mad:! I just can't tell you why I haven't dragged my lazy butt out of bed in the morning to do my O! It's a mystery to me.

If anyone else out there wants to join in please do. The more support the better:D!

ageoldie 11-06-2001 09:11 PM

We got back yesterday. How bout starting Monday. I went through so many different time zones and late hours that I'm still trying to recover. Monday's always sound like a great time to start.

Have you heard about the new tapes for seniors that are done sitting down? I need to check them out.

ras8779 11-07-2001 01:26 PM

Hi Everyone:wave:!

Hi Barbg I'm glad to see you're back.:) Monday sounds like a good time to start. I can get myself motivated over the weekend. I actually did some exercise last night on my Orbitrek and was amazed at how out of shape I've become. I could only do five minutes at a time and had to rest in between each five minutes. Not like me at all. I used to do 30 minutes straight. I'm wondering if my belt on the thing is wearing out. I'll have to check it out. I did notice the new tapes at the O site. They look interesting. She had a special in October but Im not sure if it's still going on. If you get them let me know how they are. Okay I'll check back later.

Come on everybody join us:D!

ageoldie 11-07-2001 04:22 PM

Rose:

I got in on the last day of the 2 for one sale. I order all 3 of the easy does it and another L1 to replace the one my VCR ate. I'll let you know how they are. I think that they may be something my dh can do IF he will.

ras8779 11-09-2001 03:42 PM

Hi Barbg:wave:!

I can't wait for you to get those new tapes:D! I'm very interested in those. Sometimes getting on the floor is too hard early in the morning. Maybe I could use those in the morning and the other Levels in the evening. I'm wondering if doing O twice a day for a while will get me going again. I don't want to burn out though so maybe once a day will be enough at first. Okay I'm getting psyched for Monday. I've got my tapes all ready to go. I'm determined to make this work. I'll try to post on Monday from home but I have a slow computer so I'm not sure how successful I'll be. But I'll make sure to check in:D! Have a great weekend.

ageoldie 11-11-2001 10:30 PM

Tomorrow is the DAY!!!

I'm ready to get started again. I'll be doing L3 for a while as I do it on the bed (instead of the floor) and I can't even walk through the computer room because It's strowed with AVON all over everywhere and I can't seem to find time to get is cleaned up. Yes I know that's bad, but what can I say?

Anyway, here's to tomorrow!

ras8779 11-13-2001 03:43 PM

Hey Barbg,
I've been good so far. Monday and this morning I did my L4. It was hard this morning but I managed. I hope I can keep it up this week:D! Let's keep each other motivated okay? Good job on getting your O in Barb. We can do this:D!

How about you other heavy breathers out there? Are you up for the challenge?

ageoldie 11-13-2001 09:06 PM

I have to admit that I overlsept Monday and didn't get my L3 done, but I did do the commuter tape. This morning I did Level 3 and also my commuter tape. 2 down 363 to go!!!

ras8779 11-15-2001 06:25 PM

Okay here I am! I'm sorry I haven't posted much this week. It's been a hectic one for me.

I missed my O yesterday and this morning I messed up again but I will do L3 as soon as I get home. My energy level is so low when I don't do it. I just wish I would get into the habit of doing it first thing in the morning so that by the time the holidays are here I would at least be doing something:dizzy:.

Barbg-Good job. I know it's hard but at least you did something. Did you ever get those new tapes? If so how are they? Okay Barbg we can do this. I'll check in later.

ageoldie 11-23-2001 08:36 PM

Okay Rose, I got the tapes today. Can't wait to try them.

ras8779 11-27-2001 05:35 PM

Hey Barbg,
Well how are the tapes? I can't wait to hear. I've been bad with the O lately:(! These holidays are going to be my downfall.

HELP!

ageoldie 11-29-2001 10:45 PM

I am really terrible. I haven't even watched one much less exercise with it. I went to the doctor today, and it is official. I have to have knee replacement surgery. Because of my size (weight) the will only do one at a time, so the first one is set up for Feb 1st.

I'll try to start the new tapes soon.

ageoldie 12-24-2001 11:51 AM

Okay Rose, and anyone else...

[size=huge]Let'e make our New Years Resolutions to include OXYCISE!!![/size]

I know this sounds trite, but I always do better at the beginning of things, weeks, months, and especially years, so I am beginning now to rev up and get my mind set to reall be serious about the deep breathing exercises that I Know are so good for me in so many ways.

So Please, anyone even at all interested in Oxycise, Body Flex or LifeBreathers, or anything similar, Please join me at the first of the year with a new committment to Breathe, breathe breathe.

Let's get some life back into this thread...

waterbaby 12-30-2001 11:26 PM

I'm in!

Hi all! :wave:

You need bodies -- here's mine, ready to do more O!

Gad, I feel like I haven't talked to any of you in eons!

Blew the dust off good old Level 1 and am ready to give it another go!

Let's breathe our way through the next year!

Hey Rose! Hey Barbg! Long time no post! :lol:

Blessings in the New Year~

ageoldie 01-01-2002 08:04 PM

Claire:

So good to hear from you. I've just sent off for the new Nice and Easy tapes and I am starting tonight doing the level one oon ir. We've had trouble keeping motivated areound here and I havent heard for Rose in a xouple of weeks, maybe she's on vacation or something, but I'm still plugging away. I'ms still going to my water aerobics classes too, What aabout you?

I finally gave up and am scheduled to have my first knee replacement surgery on Feb 1. He wouldn't do both knees at the samae time beacuse of my "size?

Well if we can get Rose, Nancy and Juliette back and interested maybe we can have a "group" again. Glad tohear from you.

MemeToo 01-02-2002 01:49 AM

I don't even know how long it has been since I've been in here but I'd like to join you all for 2002 if you'll have me back! I have to start doing some kind of exercise this year. I started WW the first of November (online) and I've lost 17.5 pounds so far. My Rheumatologist told me last month that I had to start walking...but I've had surgery on both knees so it isn't possible for me to walk more than 2 or 3 times a week and only a mile or so at a time then...so...out comes the tapes. I did level 1 tonight and was so proud of myself. So...I'm back and ready to start breathing again!!! :p

MEME

waterbaby 01-02-2002 08:49 AM

Wah-HOO!

Hi all! :wave:

Or should I say "Hi, Both?" :lol:

Barbg, you just keep at it, and I admire that. I also understand why your doc won't do both knees at the same time. DH has two bad knees as a result of missions during his Navy years. With the technology these days, you'll be up and about in no time.

The only advice DH says to give you is not to wait too long to get the second knee done, because you will begin putting too much weight on the newly-fixed knee to get some relief for the one that's still wonky, and re-injure the "new" knee.

MeMeToo, welcome back. This thread rocks and rolls when we have a few people and I'm sure more will come straggling back now that it's a new year and some folks have new resolutions!

Oh, well. Gotta go breathe! Have a great day everyone!

Blessings!

ras8779 01-03-2002 04:30 PM

Wow it's been a while for me since I've posted on this board. Once again life has gotten in the way but I have to say that I've been doing my Oxycise for over a week now every morning without fail and it feels really good.:D

Barbg-Thanks for holding this thread together for me. I fell hard off the exercise wagon and now with this new year in front of me I knew I had to get up and start again. I'm so glad to see that you're still here:D!

Claire- Is that you? Is it really you? I can't believe it! It was so great to see your post. I was wondering what happened to you. You're always so motivating and energetic. Now that the gang is all here lets get moving again and breathing again:D!

Meme-Hey I'm glad to see you're still here too:)! I've been gone for a while myself so don't feel bad. But I'm back and determined to lose this weight.

I have to say my wake up call was looking at my pictures from 12 years ago at how thin and great I looked as opposed to how I look now. More then just a little depressing for me. I know that I'm 12 years older too but that's no excuse for my extra weight. So with your help I'm determined to get back to the size (or close to the size) that I was in those photos. Let's make this the biggest oxygen filled year of our lives:D!