What burns more calories?? elliptical machine, treadmill or gazelle?

• I want to get one, which one would benefit me more? Which one would burn more calories?

elliptical machine, treadmill or gazelle?
  • That's a very good question--both the treadmill and elliptical are great workouts-and both can burn mega calories if you're working out hard. I am not to certain about a gazelle, I only know that I have seen them advertised on T.V.--but I really don't know anyone who has bought one?

Really you should base it on what you prefer to work out on?
  • If the Gazelle is the glider machine I found on a google search, I'd say you'll burn the most on an elliptical trainer. You'll want one that has an adjustable level of difficulty and has poles for the arms as well (so you get the full body workout). I'd recommend not skimping because cheap ellipticals lack features and can often be noisy (clunky or squeaky) and that will turn you off of using it. I think Costco sells a pretty decent model.
  • I love the elliptical.

But honestly, overall I heard the treadmill burns more, but only slightly. The elliptical is better on your joints. I started using one at the gym and then just bought one a few months later. It gathered dust for a while, but I'm back at it.

Definitely spend the extra and get a quality machine though. It makes a difference.
  • My experience has been that the best exercise/burning the most calories comes from what you enjoy and have the stamina for.

While I "can" do the elliptical, I don't enjoy it. But I can go on a power walk for a good 45 minutes and burn a heck of a lot of calories. So in this case, while the elliptical might be harder and burn more calories, it doesn't matter if I don't actually do it. I hope that makes sense!
  • That is also very true Elvislover! Lately, when the weather permits, I go for a walk. I don't burn as much, but it's nice to be outside in fresh air for a bit.
  • So I have a gazelle, and I just can't stand it, it's worthless. I damaged my knees in a car accident and so I thought it would be low impact but it actually seems to causes me more pain by putting pressure on my feet, It's hard to explain. I do pretty good with an elliptical machine but believe it or not I like a treadmill and I like to just walk.
  • I think as far as i observed and analyzed treadmill is best among these three options. Because i have used it for a long time and got best results so far. Thanks for sharing.
  • Quote: My experience has been that the best exercise/burning the most calories comes from what you enjoy and have the stamina for.
    Bingo! That's essentially what I was going to say. My life is littered with abandoned exercise equipment and gym memberships. But I like walking and it's part of my lifestyle -- sometimes outdoors (with DH and/or doggy) or inside on my treadmill. I have it set up with a plank so I can surf the web while I walk (I'm on it now!).
  • Yes, this is indeed the best thing a person can do by staying at home... Sunny Health & Fitness Cycling Bike is best among all.. It has fully adjustable seat and handlebars for comfort