Lemon Chicken - Grilled or In The Oven

• I hope this is right....I usually make LARGE batches!
    4 cups of lemon juice(squeeze it yourself)
    1/2 a cup of worsterschire sauce
    1/4 cup of dehydrated minced onions
    2 Tblsp. of minced garlic
    1/2 a cup of CAFFINATED coffee
    6 boneless skinless breasts
    pepper to taste
    1 1/2 sticks butter
    Pound out chicken if too thick. It should be about 3/4-1 inch thick.Squeeze enough lemons to make 4 cups of juice. It is about 4-5 pounds at the store. DO NOT pick out the seeds or the pulp! Put in the onions, garlic, worsterschire, pepper, chicken, and coffee.(make sure coffee is cool)
    Let marinade for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Get your bbq pit ready. We use some charcoal and some mesquite CHUNKS. When the coals are ready throw some mesquite chunks in the fire and then put the chicken on the grill. Not directly over the heat! Take the marinade that is left over and put it in a saucepan. Melt the butter into it and use it to keep the chicken coated. It should cook for about 2 hours. It matters on the size of the pit. Just keep checking!
    I don't know how to make this in the oven. I don't think it would be as good if you did. But that is just my opinion...Texans are just that way!! OH!! And if you have a water smoker... this cooks great in it! Hope you like it!!
    ------------------
    Life is full of little surprises. And I"ve got four of them!

IP: Logged

Janicemg
    Chick posted 06-06-2000 12:49 PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi all! I'm glad Kudos posted the recipe. It is really to die for! I have adjusted it here and there to make it in the oven. It is still really good. It is lemony tasting and we use much of the marinade for basting during grilling, if you'd like to make it in the oven, I cut the lemon marinade mixture in half.
    Thanks sweetie for posting it. I'm going to put it on the LC recipe thread

• I forgot to say that the CAFFINATED coffee is an absololute in this recipe! You cannot taste it(believe me I can't stand the stuff) it just helps with the moisture and tenderness of the chicken. I have made it without it and there is a difference. Hubby had a smug smile on his face when I made it without and it didn't come out like usual!!! Hope you enjoy!