Old 06-05-2010, 11:29 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 372/288/170

Height: 5' 10"

Default Burrito Casserole

I modified one of my "old faithful" recipes to make it healthier and lower calorie. Cooked it tonight and it was a hit! Hubby loved it (he is anti-healthy foods) and I actually like it better than my original recipe.

If you want to shave some calories from the recipe just use less cheese. I used an entire 14 oz package...but I LOVE cheese and found the flavor to be a fair trade for the calories.

Great served with a small salad.

Burrito Casserole

5 whole wheat tortillas
1 package of fat free cheddar cheese (14 oz)
½ cup (maybe more) salsa
2 cans of black beans
1 can of green chiles
1 lb of ground white turkey
Chili powder
Salt
Pepper

Brown turkey with salt, pepper, and chili powder, to taste. When turkey is cooked through turn heat to low and add green chiles, black beans, and salsa. Stir around for just a minute or so and turn off.

In 13x9 pan cover bottom of pan with mixture, sprinkle with cheese, layer with 3 tortillas, pour on the rest of the mixture, sprinkle with cheese, top with 2 tortillas, smother with rest remaining cheese.

Everything is already cooked and warm so just put in a pre-heated 350 degree oven to melt cheese.

Makes 8 generous servings. 274 calories per serving.
OverOverWeight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 12:47 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 264/264/160

Height: 5'7"

Sounds Yummy.... Thanks for sharing.
Lanniedo is offline   Reply With Quote