3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Entrees-Poultry or Seafood (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/entrees-poultry-seafood-28/)
-   -   "Cola" Chicken -4 pts (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/entrees-poultry-seafood/873-cola-chicken-4-pts.html)

Jules 12-14-1999 04:56 AM

I pulled this off of someones site (can't remember who's), but is incredibly good, incredibly easy. I have made it several times, and will continue to make it. My boyfriend loves it to.

4 boneless chicken breasts
1 can of diet cola
1 cup of ketchup

Place chicken breasts in pan. Pour ketchup and cola over the chicken breats. Simmer for 45 minutes covered. After 45 minutes, turn the heat up to high and cook until sauce thickens like bbq sauce.

yum!

tsameshi 05-25-2001 10:46 PM

My Weight Watcher's leader gave us this delicious chicken recipe. I made it for my family tonight and they all loved it.

4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
1 c. ketchup
1 - 12oz can diet cola

Place chicken in a non-stick fry pan. Pour ketchup and diet cola over it. Birng to boil and cover. Reduce heat. Cook 45 min. Uncover and turn up heat and thicken til sauce adheres to chicken.

4 servings
4 points per serving

Jules 05-29-2001 10:51 AM

I highly recommend this recipe! This is one of my favorites. It is so easy to make, and so few ingredients you do not have to worry about picking much up at the grocery store for this meal. :)

diamondwife 06-01-2001 11:19 PM

Stupid question but.....is this a Diet Coke/Diet Pepsi or a diet cola? Whereas in some states it is all called cola, here in the midwest it is a BIG difference

lighter 06-02-2001 08:40 PM

Cola Chicken

I don't think it matters if you use diet Coke, diet Pepsi or diet Cola. I probably would choose the diet Coke or diet Pepsi.

kt marie 06-09-2001 08:33 AM

Had no idea of what to make for supper, so I found this recipe and decided to try it. It was GREAT !! DH, DD & I all loved it. Plus, who doesn't have ketchup and a diet cola around the house?? :)

Katie
191.8/147/145WW

Gkfurrow 06-10-2001 07:32 PM

This chicken is wonderful and so easy to make. Thanks.

Glenda

wilma12 06-15-2001 10:57 AM

Hi! I had to let you know that I tried this recipe last night and we loved it. The chicken was really tender. This is something my son can do on his own.

Thanks for sharing it with us. :D

Summerlightning 06-18-2001 10:37 AM

Stupid question

Hi

Sorry to be so stupid but I am after all just a dumb man.

You mention 1 c. of Ketchup

Can you confirm that 1c = 1 cup please
Oh and how much is 1 cup?
We have several different sized cups in our cupboard here in the UK :+)
Is US Ketchup the same thick stuff kids like to put on their dinner over here? (ie Heinz )

SL
( Trying hard to find interesting things to cook ):o

Krislee 06-18-2001 11:00 AM

Ketchup

No question is a stupid question :D

1 c. = 1 cup = 8 oz. in the US. Does that help?

I believe ketchup is the same in the uk as in the us - tomato based condiment. Heinz is a US brand also.

Good luck!

Dimples 06-18-2001 11:20 AM

I am going to have to try this......I keep seeing how good this is....it seems a strange combo.

We use metric here and it would be 250 ml.

Geefowl 06-24-2001 12:25 PM

Chicken recipe

I just wanted to thank you for the easy chicken recipe. It sounds good and I'm going to make it tonight. THAT is exactly the kind of recipe I'm looking for. It is simple, with few ingredients. I don't have time to put together a recipe with 100 different things in it, and I love recipes like that........
Thanks again..
Gee

tsameshi 06-26-2001 03:41 AM

thanks

Thanks everyone for answering all the questions relating to my post. I didn't realize there was so much activity over here.

I'm glad the recipe was a success.

Thanks again for all the posts, Teresa

TEA_52 07-10-2001 10:48 PM

cola chicken

i tried this chicken but didnt have any diet cola, so i used diet root beer and it was wonderfull.

LindaBC 07-23-2001 04:56 PM

I'm going to try this one using a cut up fryer with skin removed. I'm sure it will work out just fine. I'll let you know. I guess the only difference would be the points are higher for thighs and legs than for breast meat, right?
Isn't ketchup awfully high in points? Are you using a diet ketchup?