3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Entrees-Poultry or Seafood (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/entrees-poultry-seafood-28/)
-   -   Asian recipes (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/entrees-poultry-seafood/865-asian-recipes.html)

emmjay 07-19-2005 07:25 PM

Great! I will try the hoisin sauce and see how it works. I'm on the west coast so I still have time. Got to go chop now!!

Thanks
MJ

emmjay 07-20-2005 02:15 AM

Many thanks pinkbow. The receipe was a big hit. I doubled the receipe and used hoisin sauce and it worked out beautifully. My hubby was raving about it the whole meal. Thanks again.

MJ

snapplegirl69 10-28-2005 09:55 PM

General Tso's Chicken

1 Pound Boneless Chicken Breasts, cut into 1 inch chunks
5 Tablespoons Dry Sherry
1 Tablespoon + 2 teaspoons Cornstarch
1 Tablespoon Oyster Sauce
2 Tablespoons Water
2 Tablespoons Reduced Sodium Soy Sauce
1 Tablespoon Honey
1 Tablespoon Rice Wine Vinegar
1 Tablespoon Asian Sesame Oil
2 teaspoons Canola Oil
1/2 teaspoon Powdered Ginger
2 Garlic Cloves, minced
3 Scallions, chopped
1/2 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper
2 Celery Stalks, chopped
1 Red Bell Pepper, seeded and chopped

Combine the chicken, 2 Tablespoons of Sherry, 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch, and Oyster sauce in a medium bowl; set aside to marinate for 5 minutes. Combine the remaining 3 Tablespoons of Sherry, Water, Soy Sauce, Honey, Rice Vinegar, Sesame Oil and 2 teaspoons of Cornstarch in a small bowl and set aside. Heat a non-stick wok or a large deep skillet over medium heat until a drop of water sizzles. Swirl in the canola oil, and add the chicken mixture. Stir fry until lightly brown (about 2-3 minutes). Add the ginger, garlic, scallions, and crushed red pepper; stir fry until fragrant. Add the celery and bell pepper; stir-fry until desired tenderness. Stir in the sherry mixture and cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture boils and thickens, and the chicken is just cooked through. Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions. Serve over rice for additional points.

Serves: 4 (approx. 3/4 Cup Each)
Per Serving: 252 Calories; 9g Fat (34.1% calories from fat); 26g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 69mg Cholesterol; 410mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

snapplegirl69 10-28-2005 09:56 PM

Chicken Fried Rice

1 Cup Uncle Ben's Original Converted Rice, dry
1 Medium Onion, chopped
1/2 Cup Fat Free Chicken Broth
1/2 Cup Egg Substitute
1 Tablespoon Light Soy Sauce
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/4 teaspoon Pepper
1/2 Cup Peas
1/2 Cup Canned Carrots, chopped small
2/3 Cup Cooked Chicken, diced (white meat, no skin)

Cook rice according to the directions on the box; set aside.
Add chicken broth and onion to a large skillet or wok and cook over high heat until onion is tender. Drain any excess broth and discard.
Add egg substitute and stir, chopping the egg as it scrambles.
Add rice, chicken, soy sauce, salt, pepper, peas and carrots. Stir constantly for 1 minute or until everything is hot.

Serves: 5.5 (1 Cup Each)
Per Serving: 208 Calories; 1g Fat (4.4% calories from fat); 13g Protein; 36g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 16mg Cholesterol; 489mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fat.

snapplegirl69 10-28-2005 10:05 PM

Sweet 'N Sour Chicken

3 Pounds Boneless/Skinless Chicken Breasts, cut into bite size pieces
3/4 Cup Apricot Spreadable Fruit
1 (8 oz.) Bottle Kraft Free Catalina Dressing
1 Package Dry Onion Soup Mix

Spray crockpot with non-stick cooking spray. Mix all ingredients together and place into crockpot. Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours. Serve over rice for additional points.

Serves: 12 (1/2 Cup Each)
Per Serving: 183 Calories; 3g Fat (16.1% calories from fat); 26g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 69mg Cholesterol; 374mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Fruit; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

ItsJustJen 12-08-2005 01:53 PM

?

Have you tried this??? General Tso's chicken is my FAVORITE chinese dish- I don't know how well this tastes like it, but I'd like to know if anyone's made it yet?

I'm not a big cook and this seems like a lot of work, but if the end result tastes simliar to take-out, I will TOTALLY try it!

callie06 03-14-2006 02:00 PM

This sounds good! Thanks, I might try this tonight.

Busy Bee 2 03-15-2006 01:29 PM

I LOVE Chicken Fried Rice, can't wait to try! Thanks!

Ariana2000 04-11-2006 04:46 PM

I made Arizona-Girl Kathy's recipe, and it was quite tasty. The only thing is that the sesame seeds popped off the pan at me! ;D I think they might need to be cooked at a lower heat.

Katiecat 05-09-2006 11:19 AM

Here's a slightly different version, 5 points per serving according to the recipe calulator on the WW website. I was craving Chinese food, and just started throwing things together...

Almost "Fried" Rice (4 servings, 5 pts each)

1 C white or brown rice (points are the same)
2 C water
1 chicken bouillon cube and 1 vegetable bouillon cube
1/4 cup sliced green onions
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
1/4 cup sweet red pepper, julienned
1/4 cup frozen green peas
1/4 cup shredded carrots
3/4 cup sliced celery
4 oz chicken breast, cooked, skinless (could use rotisserie chicken, I used a leftover piece of chicken I grilled), sliced into thin strips
1 oz deli style 97% fat-free thin-sliced smoked ham (4-5 slices), cut in thin strips
1 egg, beaten
3 Tbsp soy sauce (or to taste)

Cook rice in water w/bouillon added. Spray a non-stick skillet w/cooking spray. Sautee veggies, ham, and chicken until veggies are just crisp-tender (doesn't take long since the chicken and ham are already cooked). Add rice and stir to combine. Push rice mixture to the sides of the pan, leaving an opening in the center. Pour in the beaten egg and gently stir until it is scrambled. When it is almost completely cooked, stir to incorporate into the rice mixture, stirring until egg is completely done and everything is heated through. Season w/soy sauce to taste.

This was sooooooooo good, and for only 5 points a serving, what a bargain! I saved a container to take for my lunch tomorrow.

booo57 07-11-2019 11:04 AM

I know a goood seafood soup recipe!!!
here - Asian Seafood Recipe
Delicious!
https://club.cooking/wp-content/uplo...ig-768x425.jpg