Thai Roll-Ups

• Thai Roll-Ups
    from Saving Dinner by Leanne Ely

Serves 6

1 lime, juiced
    3 Tbl. soy sauce, low sodium (I used Braggs liquid aminos)
    3 Tbl. natural creamy peanut butter
    1 Tbl. splenda
    2 tsp. fresh ginger, grated
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    1 lb. cooked turkey breast, cut into strips (I used the turkey breast "fillets" from the meat department - baked in the oven with a little salt and pepper until done)
    6 whole wheat tortillas
    6 Tbl. neufchatel cheese (1/3 less fat cream cheese)
    3 Tbl. cilantro, chopped
    3 Tbl. green onions, minced
    1/2 cup chopped cabbage (I used red)

In a medium bowl combine the first 6 ingredients. Add turkey and mix into the sauce well. Refrigerate for about an hour for the best flavor. If you can't wait, that's okay. Proceed to the next step.

On each whole wheat tortilla, evenly spread 1 T. of the neufchatel cheese. Drain turkey of marinade if necessary (mine was pretty thick) and line up along the middle of tortilla. Dress with cilantro, green onions and cabbage. Roll up burrito style and serve.

Nutrition Information per serving
    380 calories; 11 g. fat(26.7% of calories from fat); 23g protein; 46g carbohydrate; 3g dietary fiber; 43mg cholesterol; 737mg sodium
  • Sounds good! The leftovers would make a great lunch. I'm going to try it soon.
  • Yum!
  • They are awesome, really. It says that it serves 6, but if you have big eaters....better double the recipe. My husband had 4 burritos and my 2 y/o had 2. They both really, really liked them.

Also, to the sauce I added a pinch of crushed red pepper.

I've also used chicken with good results.
  • These sound really good zeff. I've gotten some great recipes from those menu mailers. I'm saving this to try when I'm done Ph1ing.