3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Entrees - Phase 1 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/entrees-phase-1-129/)
-   -   Curry Peanut Meatballs (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/entrees-phase-1/146086-curry-peanut-meatballs.html)

greeneyes490 07-11-2008 10:05 AM

Curry Peanut Meatballs

These are so full of flavor and freeze really well.....just add some milk to the sauce becuase it thickens when it freezes/or gets cold to get the consistancy you want. Can also be made into appetizer size meatballs for a party.....

Curry Peanut Meatballs
1 pound lean ground beef
salt
pepper
3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
4 cloves garlic
1-2 tablespoons curry paste (depending on taste....I like about 1 1/2 tble)
1 can light coconut milk
2 tablespoons natural peanut butter
2 teaspoons fish sauce

1. in a bowl add salt and pepper to ground beef and form into meatballs

2.put oil in pan and sear meatballs/then put into 350 oven to finish cooking

3.add another tsp of oil to pan and cook garlic/then add curry paste and keep moving in pan for about a minute

4.then add coconut milk and peanut butter/ once pb is incorporated add fish sauce

5.let sauce cook for a few minutes and then add cooked meatballs and serve

Servings: 4
Calories: 458 per serving
Carbs: 6g

hmacneil6 07-14-2008 09:59 PM

Made these tonight for dinner and they turned out really good. But I also kind of "tricked them out". I added onion and garlic powder to the meatballs themselves. Left the sauce as is. But stir-fried veggies (garlic, onion, red bell pepper, celery, pea pods, asparagus, mushrooms, and napa cabbage) before making the sauce. Pulled the veggies out, made the sauce and then combined everything together in the pot.
So good!!! Definitely going into the regular rotation.
Thanks for sharing!

greeneyes490 07-19-2008 03:45 PM

Ya sometimes I do the same with the meatballs....it is kinda left open to add whatever you want :)....but I am just sooooo in love with the sauce.....so yummy....actually I think I will make it tonight :).....

Fat Melanie 07-21-2008 05:22 PM

MMMM I am going to make that. That sounds delicious. I am drooling. :D

greeneyes490 07-21-2008 06:55 PM

Let me know what you think.....I made them again on the weekend and it is just one of those things I never get sick of :)....I am a sauce person so this recipe makes me very happy :). I made them with pork meatballs this time and they were very good...the meat was just milder than the beef...but I think I prefer beef....but could be made with ground turkey or chicken as well.....if you freeze them the sauce gets quite thick when you defrost so I add some skim milk to make it more saucey.....

rebel 08-08-2008 05:07 PM

you can have coconut milk on P1? (actually, any of the phases I'm amazed)

rebel 08-08-2008 05:15 PM

4.5 g saturated fat per serving.
wow, I think some of my favorite dishes may be SBD friendly if I switch to lite coconut milk.
this recipe sounds SO good...

zeffryn 02-08-2010 06:18 PM

I made these tonight for dinner. The sauce is really excellent. I added a bit more curry paste to make it a bit spicier, but left everything else the same. I did as Hmac and stir-fried some veggies to serve them with. The family really enjoyed it. My 3 y/o son ate a LOT of the meatballs and veggies. He kept saying how much he loved the "peanut butter sauce."

Great recipe!!

Fat Melanie 07-11-2010 07:56 PM

Making tonight. Added 1 of those little restaurant packages of soy sauce, garlic salt, onion powder, pepper, an egg, and some flax seed to the meatballs (I used lean ground turkey) and baked in the oven with a little sesame oil (for searing and also a little more authentic Thai flavor.)

Chopped up some leftover green onions, and am cooking that and the garlic in 2 teaspoons of sesame oil plus a teaspoon and a half of olive oil, then will add the other ingredients for the sauce. Made a bunch of broccoli to put the meatballs and sauce over. I used red Thai curry, not sure if you guys used the red or green. YUM! Will report back after eating to tell you guys how it went. I said a while ago I was going to make these and never got around to it, so I finally got the ingredients the other day to make them. I really can't wait!

THIS WAS AN AMAZING DISH!!!!!!!!! I will have it time and time and time again, and can't wait for leftovers for lunch.