Prep time: 15 minutes
    Start to finish: 20minutes

Ingredients
    1 (1/2-pound) bunch spinach (6 cups)
    2 teaspoons canola oil
    1 small onion, roughly chopped
    1 (13.5-ounce) can light coconut milk
    1/4 cup lower-sodium chicken broth
    1 tablespoon green curry paste (from a jar)
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    11/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced into thin strips
    1 (1-pound) eggplant, cut into 1-inch cubes
    2 tablespoons fresh lime juice

Instructions
    Cut tough stems from spinach; submerge in cold water and rinse thoroughly to remove any dirt.

Heat oil in a large straight-sided skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in coconut milk, broth, curry paste, and salt; bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 8 minutes.

Add chicken and eggplant; bring to a low boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink inside and eggplant is tender, about 8 minutes. Add spinach, stir, and cook 1 minute more. Stir in lime juice and serve.

Recipe from The South Beach Diet Quick & Easy Cookbook.

Nutritional Information:
    340 calories
    12 total fat (6 g sat)
    15 g carbohydrate
    44 g protein
    5 g fiber
    400 mg sodiu
  • I tried this tonight and wasn't a fan. I usually LOVE curries and thought this would be great. I was really looking forward to it. The lime was way too pronounced and made it almost sour, where in traditional thai curries they use kefir lime leaves. I ended up having to add some salt to taste and quite a bit more curry paste (I used red instead of green - but the difference would be in the heat, not amount of flavor). The eggplant added an odd flavor, maybe a bit bitter? I threw in some chopped zucchini to combat that.

I also had to add probably a cup or maybe a bit more liquid to it before there was a broth. It wasn't soupy, but should have a little liquid in the pan. The coconut milk just wasn't enough.

In the end, it turned out ok - just ok, and that was after a LOT of changes and playing around.