Anyone tried 'The Diet Source' supplements?

• Okay, this past 10 days has been bewildering to say the least.... grr... I went to the mall to get vitamins for my kids, and while chatting w/ the store clerk, she talked me into trying this box of dietary supplements (four bottles!) called The Diet Source, by Nutritional Concepts. Seemed like a good idea, being that I'm already a vitamin freak, I thought maybe this all-natural plan would help me on my diet journey. So, I plop down the 50+ bucks. It comes w/ a small booklet w/ a diet plan, which looks a lot more high-protien and low-carb than my normal diet of low-fat (more food pyramid based).

So..... after being stalled at 176 for a few weeks, I start this plan, the first day, I decide, I'm gonna follow the food plan too. I lost 2 lbs the first day , 1 lb the second day , and 1 lb the third day !!!! YAY, I thought, this is GREAT. Well, I was doing well, but, the eggs every morning were kind of gagging me, I'm not a big egg eater, so I keep taking the supplements, but go back to my style of eating, (not as high protien), and over the next few days of VERY CAREFUL eating and daily exercise, I put a pound on per day for FOUR DAYS!!!!!!! I'm so disgusted with this entire process... Is there some sort of body revolt that goes on when you come off of a high-protien diet??
  • I tried the Sonoma Diet and snuck in some fat free yogurt to counter the affects of an antibiotic my doctor prescribed. I gained back a pound a day! The only variation from the diet being the yogurt! Just proves diets that eliminate any food group will come back and bite you when you try to eat like a normal person! Back to WW for me.
  • Are you able to get your money back on the diet pills? I hate to tell you that diet pills don't work, they are effective placebos and some have some ingredients in them that can make you feel full but you could pay a lot less and get the same effect by taking fiber supplements.

Even though it is all-natural, I'd be vary wary of it. There are some "all-natural" herbs that are very dangerous and are added to diet pills in order to rev up your metabolism but they end up revving up your heart and can cause some nasty side effects. (stroke, heart attack, etc)
  • The weight loss and gain may have had nothing to do with the pills, but just be normal fluctuations.

What is it the pills CLAIM to do? Is there any evidence (from controlled clinical research trials) that they actually do what they claim? Evidence from testimonials (people who claim it worked) is actually not really evidence at all.
  • You need to be very careful with any kind of pill you take. I know my ex started taking supposed herbal supplements catered to truck drivers and ll they are is legal speed IMO. He was a smoker and overweight as well and he wound up having a really bad heart attack!
  • I haven't tried them either, but wow! I would be irratated. I would check about getting your money back. Be careful!
  • Hey I am actually going to start this diet within the next week or so! I ordered all of the stuff. My boyfriend used it in the past, and I've had 2 friends use it as well. I'm only going to use it for this month, to switch up the stagnant weight (Always fluctuating between 195 and 185).
    I'm not nervous about the workout regime, got that down pat, but it's the very specific diet! I figured I needed to try something new anyway, as I'm getting tired of the same food over and over again, and have run out of ideas.
    Wish me luck!