Sports Hoops

• Has anyone tried Sports Hoops? They are weighted hula hoops for adults and claim to take inches off the waistline. Looks like a fun way to burn a few calories.
  • I had to lol when I saw this thread, I have not tried the sports hoop you are talking about but just Monday I did go out and buy a regular hula hoop....

So far all it's done is scare the heck out of my dogs and make me bend over more to pick it up when it crashes to the floor. Who know I was this uncoordinated??
  • Technically, I would say that anything you enjoy that gets you moving is always a good thing.

However, the idea of a weighted hula hoop sounds silly to me. You cannot spot reduce fat, so if it's claiming you'll loose inches from your stomach by swinging your hips around, it's a flat out lie.

Nonames had the right idea. Save your money and just buy a regular Hula Hoop instead.
  • Never heard of one but I disagree that you can't spot reduce by exercises; my experience with water aerobics this past summer has certainly shown me I can. But whatever... as far as the sports hoop I sure don't know but I am thinking about buying a hula hoop.
  • Hi!

Spot reduction of fat has scientifically proven not to work. Where an individual loses most of their fat really depends on that person and their genetics.

You can certainly focus on muscle groups through weight/strength training, but if someone does a bunch of crunches everyday, that does not mean their stomach will be the first thing to lose fat.