Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2001, 03:49 PM   #1  

Thumbs up Weight Loss Patch

Oh brother! I was sent a junk e-mail about an herbal weightloss patch, so I checked it out on Quackwatch. Of course I knew it would be listed there under diet scams. Maybe nicotine patches work, but they are delivering a drug to you. The stuff in the diet patches does zilch (one woman reported feeling sick from it, but I would guess this is placebo effect).

Spread the word to people to spend their money on healthy food (why are red bell peppers so high?) rather than these stupid expensive patches!
Old 08-09-2001, 08:54 PM   #2  
Uber-Moderator!!

Default Good for you - checking Quackwatch!

www.quackwatch.com should be one of the FIRST places you check when you see some sort of weight-loss program or gimmick that just looks too darn good to be true...or any other medical-type gimmick for that matter.

"If it looks too good to be true...it probably is!"
Old 08-10-2001, 12:39 PM   #3  

Sounds like the ad I saw for a weight loss button. Someone plese tell me how pinning a button on your shirt is supposed to help you lose weight!
Old 08-10-2001, 02:34 PM   #4  

Talking

Ha ha!!! Maybe the button says "Tell me I'm a fat pig"
Closed Thread