Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 06:08 PM   #1  
210 / 193 / 140

Default Barefoot Science

Has anyone ever tried these insoles? They're supposed to strengthen the muscles of your foot, as opposed to ordinary insoles and arch supports which (according the Barefoot Science website) weaken your feet long-term. Does this product really deliver, or is it just a gimmick?
Old 03-05-2006, 06:21 PM   #2  
Uber-Moderator!!

Ya got me...that would be a better question for a podiatrist IMO.
Old 03-05-2006, 08:24 PM   #3  
210 / 193 / 140

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsJim
Ya got me...that would be a better question for a podiatrist IMO.
Yeah, it probably would, but I can't afford an office visit just to ask a question about a product the doctor may never have heard of. If anyone here has tried the product, I'd love to hear whether it helped, hurt, or just didn't do anything.
Old 03-05-2006, 09:41 PM   #4  
250/ticker/160

Height: 5"9

this is a great question....bumping to see if anyone has tried these and will let us know. I'd love to try some!
Old 03-09-2006, 04:44 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Well, in my opinion-and I have been wearing them for years-Birkenstocks have been using the "bare feet health" concept for years.
But-I cannot stress this enough-they have to be REAL Birkenstocks, and not the $9.99 Wal-Mart/Payless Shoe Source "looks like Birkenstocks" knock offs.

Birkenstocks come in regular shoes as well as sandal styles.

In an athletic shoe, the Nike Free use a very similar technology. At the fitness store I go to, they actually tell runners who are new to the Free shoe not to go out and try to run their usual 1-2-10-whatever miles in them at first, but to start slow and build up-because they are now working underused foot muscles.
Old 04-06-2006, 10:54 PM   #6  
CouponDiva Extroardinaire

My dh used them for heel spurs and they did not help him. However, on TSC there were tons of calls/testimonials from people who swear by it, and I really think they CAN work, just didn't happen to for my dh. His were really severe/.
Closed Thread