feiyan tea?

• does anyone else use this? whilst under going accupuncture on my shoulder the doc recommended this stuff it tastes pretty good but when i use it i'm unable to move more than 30 seconds away from a toilet. any one else have these probs~?
  • I personally wouldn't take it. Slimming teas have a bad reputation. They are laxative and diuretics. I'm pretty sure the weight you want to lose is from fat, not the other stuff

The ingredients in your tea are Green Tea,Lotus Leaves,Cansia Seeds, Vegetable Sponge.

Green tea is good for you, though the effects on weight loss are minimal at best. We have a few articles on green tea here that may interest you.

Vegetable sponge is loofah, the same stuff they make scrubbies with to scrub your back. I'm not sure I'd want that floating through my body. There are some references to lotus leaves being used to counter diarrhea, but the details are sketchy and I'm not sure I'd rely on anything less than a medical reference. Lotus flower, on the other hand, is a diuretic.

The slimming teas always contain senna, which is not listed on the ingredients. However, Cansia seeds is a misspelling. It's actually Cassia seeds, or cassia senna seeds. Same thing. It's a very powerful laxative and can be dangerous if taken too often.

Some troubling quotes from Diagnose Me:
    Quote:
    Prolonged use of senna has been reported to cause chronic diarrhea with excessive electrolyte and nutrient loss, enlargement of the ends of the fingers and toes, and pigmentation of the colon.
    Quote:
    When stimulant laxatives such as senna or Cascara sagrada have been used for a long time, stopping the medication may result in severe constipation. You may need to "retrain" your bowels in order for them to function naturally by gradually lowering the nightly dose of senna. This may take longer than a month to accomplish.
    From PDR Health:
    Quote:
    Senna occasionally causes abdominal cramps. Do not use it for more than 1 to 2 weeks without your doctor's approval. Long-term use can deplete the body's potassium levels, leading to such problems as muscle weakness, bone loss, kidney disorders, water retention, and blood in the urine.
  • You gotta love the way these diet product marketers enjoy using unfamiliar names for what turns out to be the same ol' stuff...check out this post that I wrote recently, where the manufacturer got all creative and used the Latin names for most of the ingredients, most of which turned out to be diuretics and/or laxatives.

Speaking from agonizing personal experience, I would stay far, far away from these laxative teas...trust me, it's just not worth it. (and there HAVE been reports in the past of at least one death caused by their use)
  • LOOFAH?!!!

Good heavens. Is there nothing they won't try to sell as a diet aid?
  • Quote: LOOFAH?!!!

Good heavens. Is there nothing they won't try to sell as a diet aid?
    I guess it 'scrubs out your innards' or perhaps as my Dad would say "makes your kidneys tingle".
  • Quote: I guess it 'scrubs out your innards' or perhaps as my Dad would say "makes your kidneys tingle".
    It's a scary thought!
  • Nature's broom!

I love tea, I really do. I drink gallons of the stuff. Black, green, herbal, iced and hot. And I've been tempted by the "diet" teas I've seen. I'm glad I never gave in to that temptation!
  • I was tempted by mother's milk tea once, does that count?

Really, if you had to stay by the toilet I guess you found out how it makes you lose weight! I've also found I generally use a couple of pounds whenever I have the flu, but that doesn't make perennial sickness a good idea.
  • that explains alot. well i paid a fair few quid for it so i'll not throw it i guess i'll keep it in the medicine box since it tastes alot better than syrup of figgs