Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2006, 10:29 PM   #46  

Although reading a few of the comments posted here. Some say that they have been in a few years ago. LA Weight Loss has just changed all of it's programs and the cost. i have looked into a few times and every time i do the price has dropped. they also have the "Open Houses" or Friends and Family" night where you can join for 1/2 price. The program really does work i have lost a 45 lbs on the program in just 20 weeks. the money is paid up front and then you have to buy your LA Lites which at like your 3rd visit which guaranteed weight loss. I eat out with my family and still lose weight. i have my freedom to eat whatever i like. You have to be commited to any weight loss program that you do. i feel that paying up front you will be more commited to losing your weight. I live in GA and none of the centers that i have been to have been 'a HARD sell'. If you want to lose the weight and learn how to keep it off LA Weight loss is a very good way to go.
Old 03-27-2006, 07:18 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

See, that is where I differ, for one. The LA Lites themselves do not guarantee weight loss. They don't eating pretty much anything in place of them that is the same calories (because LA Weight Loss is a reduced calorie diet) would also guarantee weight loss. There is nothing magic in those bars-just more profit for LAWL. I am not knocking them, it is just that almost every plan has food products (WW, Atkins, South Beach, etc.) and eating their brand of food/drink items does not cause the weight loss. It is the eating less in general.
I agree that some need to shell out the cash to make themselves accountable-the "I paid for it, so I better lose this weight" thing, but for me, and a lot of others at 3FC, the paid out money isn't the motivation. I motivate myself in other ways-with before photos, with a new pair of shorts of pants hanging up in a smaller size just waiting for me, with a reward for a fitness/weight goal that I reach...
I am a calorie counter, and I have the exact same freedom to eat out at a restaurant, and go to family gatherings and eat, as long as I make sound choices. I don't need to shell out money for a program and bars to do so. I shell out money for new clothes and fitness gear instead.
While your center may not be hard sell, a lot of them are though.
Old 03-28-2006, 05:15 PM   #48  
Susan hockeyfan7

Wonder what they would do if you are allergic to the LA Lites? One of the ladies here at work just joined and she was showing me the bars yesterday. I would be allergic to them, so does that mean they wouldn't guarantee me anything?
Old 03-28-2006, 07:08 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 309/309/220

Height: 5'2"

Is it the soy you are allergic to? If so, they would tell you to drink their whey LA Lite products which is this nasty kool-aid type stuff. If not, they would still tell you that you could lose weight on their program just to get your money.

I wanted to note that I think the actual LA Weight Loss plan is great, healthy and works. It does take a lot of planning and preparing. It is the centers and the district managers and main company and how they are out for the almighty dollar that bothers me. I think they misdirect people in their promises, they just want to sell you as much as they can and they don't care if you can't afford it. They know if you are desperate enough, you will somehow find a way to pay for it....even if it means going into debt with their 24% interest credit card.

If you are considering LAWL, I would demand the cheapest possible way of doing the plan and I still think you can lose weight without the lites. Slimfast has a low carb snack bar that I think would substitute fine and I'm sure there are others that would work as well. I think adding a starch and maybe 1/2 dairy for one of your snacks could work also. You just might have to tweak it till you figured out what worked for you that kept you losing weight.
Old 03-29-2006, 05:00 PM   #50  
Susan hockeyfan7

No, I can handle soy. The bars actually have wheat gluten in them and I have Celiac disease. I read the ingredient list on my friend's box. She's lost 10 lbs in 2 weeks so far.
Old 03-29-2006, 09:15 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 309/309/220

Height: 5'2"

Susan-
If you don't mind me asking, how have you lost your weight so far? You are doing awesome!
Old 04-12-2006, 10:36 AM   #52  
2BorNot2B...its up 2 me

I just wanted to respond on the guarantee only if you buy the bars debate. I personally could not do the bars broke out in hives, threw up etc. So I do not have to do the bars and they still are guaranteeing my weight loss and rebate. However, many of the ladies realized that the amount the spent for the bars in ratio to the amount of rebate they would get back was not worth it ie they spent more on bars than they would get back in rebates so chose not to purchase the bars.

I personally feel there are hard sells in any weight loss business. I remember the pressure when I went to look into Jenny Craig years ago. I had told them I had a bad gag reflex and if their food tasted bad i could not do it. They assured me their food was great..yadda yadda...well needless to say it was horrible (this was 15+ years ago mind you.) Luckily CA had the 3 day rule and I was able to get out of that one.

I went to the ripoff report BEFORE i joined LAWL and I still joined. I am happy with the program for the most part. I agree that the centers are sales oriented and it is hard sometimes. BUT I paid for the program and I will get the support they promised. I have gone over my centers head several times and called the headquarters and gotten quick and effective responses to my concerns and problems.

Everyone has to find a program or way of eating that works for them. Not every program will work for every person. And basically it is all calorie counting in one form or the other.

Debates are healthy ways to get all sides of a story to help you make informed decisions. Ultimately it has to work for you.

Just my humble little opinion.

Beanie
Old 04-14-2006, 08:33 AM   #53  
Motivated

I tried LAWL and had the same negative experience as a lot of the ladies who posted. My experience is exactly like everyone else's except I didn't spend $2500. When I told them I couldn't afford to pay for my lites in bulk, they first told me I could fill out a credit application, then they told me I could by them by the box, but by the box means that they cost $30 a box. Everytime I went in there, they tried to sell me vitamins, supplements, shakes, bars, cookbooks, scales, everything they had to sell. And they keep track of what you buy and how much. Someone said earlier that you can always say "no". Yes, this is true, but no one should have to keep saying "no" everytime you go for a visit.
I guess I just went to a really bad center, because those ladies turned on me when I refused to buy anything. I started out with one really nice girl, then she disappeared after I didn't buy, and I ended up with a lady who was really impatient and rude. This chick actually rolled her eyes at me. That's when I demanded my money back and got it.
Closed Thread