Xenadrine (at Gnc)?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone has taken Xenadrine and what their experience with it was?

I have never taken any drug to help me lose weight, but I read about this and most of the things I've heard have been positive.

I'm actually on Weight Watchers now, and in 9 weeks, I've lost 21 lbs. I'm happy with the results, but I would be interested in knowing if Xenadrine could be taken in addition to what I'm already doing to give me a little extra boost?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
    Taunia
  • Please see our post on Ephedra before you do this and check out the product as much as possible. Here is a link to get you started: http://content.health.msn.com/messag...message/658038
  • Hi- I am using Xenadrine along with my Weight Watchers plan, and have seen increased results with it. I would advise, though, that you look into it, and decide for yourself whether it is right for you. I had been losing, on average, 1.5-2 lbs a week, and for the past three weeks, since I began taking Xenadrine, I have lost roughly 3.5 lbs. per week. There is still a lot of controversey about pills such as Xenadrine, and it has not been approved by the FDA. These are things to seriously consider. Personally, I like the product, and have seen good results thus far, but naturally, it is something that you should really research for yourself. If you *do* decide to try it, make sure you take a multi-vitamin daily, and drink *plenty* of water. Good Luck in your weight loss efforts- and congrats on the success with WW! Isn't it a fabulous program? I'm half a pound away from my 10% goal (lost 25.5 so far), and in my 11th week, so I'm feeling really good- we seem to be making about the same progress ;-)
  • THANKS COLLEEN AND NETTIE
    I really do appreciate your thoughts and postings.

I'm going to do some more research on it, but I'm happy to hear (Colleen) that you've had increased results.

I am doing well on my own and have really changed my habits and started excercizing much more, but if I can try something that would help speed things up a bit, I'm interested.

I promise to read and do lots of research first!!

Thanks for your advice and congrats to you all for your progress!

Cheers,
    Taunia
  • Question for Colleen
    Did you start off with just 2 pills a day? I'm about to start them and was just wondering.

Thanks!
  • I started with four a day. I have since reduced that to three a day. However, there have been several weeks where I've accidentally left the pills at the office, so I've gone without them on weekends, and still saw results. I would suggest taking only two or three a day. You'll still get results, and you won't feel so drained of energy on days when you're not taking them :-)
  • Thanks !
    Thanks for the info. I'm also on WW and am trying to find something to supplement. I started today with just one pill in the a.m. and I'll do one this afternoon. I'll try that just to test my tolerance...then I may up it to 2 in the a.m. etc... So far I'm not really feeling any symptoms...just dry mouth. Hopefully this will help me as it's helped you!
  • Haha... I had *severe* drymouth my first couple of weeks (even though I was drinking a TON of water at the time!) That'll go away eventually, I swear! :-)
  • DAY ONE - XENADRINE
    Hi All,

Well, I read all of the literature available, and despite the side effects that are listed, I decided to give myself one week and see how it affected me. I started today and I'm only taking one pill in the am and another in the pm right now.

So far, I have to say....I'm totally jiggy. I don't usually drink caffeine, so I think that's effecting me. I'm just a little jumpier than usual. So, I'll see how it goes until weigh-in on Wednesday to decide whether the jumpiness is worth it!

Cheers,
    Taunia
  • jazzgirl:

That doesn't happen to me anymore. The only affect I have *now* is that I feel SO drained of energy some days (when I don't take it.) I've started taking it one week on , one week off, to hopefully ease that a bit!
  • CAN'T SLEEEEEEEP!!!
    Ok.....here's the thing: I LOVE this Xenadrine! I have a TON of energy and I feel like my body is feeling results. The bad thing is, I can't sleep! Literally. It's 2:00 a.m. right now and I cannot for the life of me go to bed. It's nice having energy, but I think this is a little TOO wired!
  • How many are you taking?
    Are you still only taking 2 per day? I take my second one (I just started taking them on Thursday) at around 1:00. I'm afraid if I do it much later I'll be restless at night too!
  • TWO PILLS
    Yep, I take my first pill early morning and my second is usually no later than 2:00. I guess my body just needs some adjusting. I'm not jittery anymore, so that's good....but I really am restless. It's not too bad, though.....I feel wide awake when I get up in the morning, so I'm not *really* concerned with the falling asleep problem.

Wednesday night is the test, though.....to see if I lost anything additional. I've been doing anywhere from 1-2 lbs on my own on WW, so we'll see if this actually has any benefits for me!

How is everyone else progressing?
  • jazzgrl:

Let us know how you do on Wednesday! I'm still seeing good results. I lost another 2.8 lbs when I went to weigh-in on Thursday- earning me my 10% award- (yippee!) and that was with taking Xenadrine only three days last week (I ran out!). Unfortunately, I ate really bad over the holiday weekend, so I doubt I'll do very good this week! Oh well!
  • I decided to up my dosage to 2 in the a.m. and one in the afternoon. I don't think it's doing much for me yet...except the dry mouth...small amount of increased energy. I'm having no problem sleeping but I don't take it past 2:00. I don't weigh in until Saturday, so I guess we'll see. But I don't see any difference yet in my appetite. I seem to be eating the same as I was. Guess time will tell!