Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2004, 05:45 PM   #1  
Health and Fitness Freak!

Default Beware Of Cortidiet Scam

In all the crazy cortisol blockers craze with the Cortislim product some scams have come out and the newest in a product called CORTIDIET....not only is the product a very cheap imatation the company doesnt refund money for returns and doesnt actually have a place of business!! please go to www.google.com and put Cortislim into the search engine....when the sponsored links come up look over to the right side of the screen for the CORTIDIET ad and click on it to view the product so you will know what to stay away from!!! (this also costs them over $2 a click so lets hurt them in the pocket as well!!)
Ladies we have to keep each other informed of scams like this so we can protect ourselves......
Old 08-31-2004, 06:16 PM   #2  

better yet just ignore both companies and eventually they will go away. they just promote false hope, lighten your wallets and possibly jeopardize your health.

gen
Old 08-31-2004, 07:05 PM   #3  
Uber-Moderator!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatsby

better yet just ignore both companies and eventually they will go away. they just promote false hope, lighten your wallets and possibly jeopardize your health.

gen
Amen, Gen! I'll drink to that!!!
Old 08-31-2004, 09:42 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Drinks? Where jk!!

Thanks nutritiongirl for the info
Old 09-01-2004, 05:01 PM   #5  
Health and Fitness Freak!

I agree with what you are all saying but the fact is that we all want the "hope in a bottle" and take a shot each time we see 100% money back guarentee but when the scam company wont give me my moneyback i need to take action!! If some of you just follow what i say it will cost this company some nice money and maybe even knock them off the web!!
Old 09-01-2004, 06:16 PM   #6  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Nutritiongirl, many of the people here don't want hope in a bottle. We want results from hard work. I hope you can find your hope in eating less, moving more...eating clean and feeling healthy.

I'm sorry you feel like you were scammed, but you might have better results refraining from buying any such products in the future and writing to the Better Business Bureau about this company than from clicking on ads.
Old 09-01-2004, 06:29 PM   #7  
Uber-Moderator!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutritiongirl
I agree with what you are all saying but the fact is that we all want the "hope in a bottle" and take a shot each time we see 100% money back guarentee but when the scam company wont give me my moneyback i need to take action!! If some of you just follow what i say it will cost this company some nice money and maybe even knock them off the web!!
Calm down a minute...instead of trying to get everyone here to click on some company's link - take action for yourself - anyone who falls for those scams (and most of the regulars here, I would hope, know better than to buy the Diet Pill of the Week) who has used their credit card to purchase said item, can call their bank and file a CHARGEBACK against the merchant...you're FAR better off doing that. The penalties levied by Visa and MasterCard for merchants that have excessive chargebacks are FAR worse than the cost of a relatively few people clicking on some Google link.

And I doubt that trying to get everyone here to click on some link is going to send them out of business. From what I read on Google about how AdWords works, the program allows advertisers to set a daily budget for themselves - they won't go over an amount the advertiser sets. And incidentally, business are able to write these advertising costs off on their taxes as 'the cost of doing business' from what I've been told.

Again, you'll be far better off just calling your bank and initiating a chargeback (or better yet, being smart in the first place and not falling for this diet pill crapola ). Just my two cents.
Old 09-01-2004, 07:38 PM   #8  
it's always something

How do you know they pay $2 a click via the Google ads? Those rates vary quite a bit, and are confidential between the advertiser and Google. We advertise on Google, and some our ads only cost us 5 cents a click.

Google tracks clicks and they know if there are multiple clicks per person, and they adjust the advertisers account accordingly. They monitor closely for click fraud.
Closed Thread