Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2005, 04:25 PM   #46  
it's always something

Quote:
Originally Posted by fribbit
Does it matter how she lost the weight.. that is why there are so many kinds of diets people are on and each one of them think that their diet is better than the others.. but what counts is that the weight is off and hopefully she will eat healthy to keep it off..
I would like to address this comment Most of the members here have lost weight in the past - sometimes many times over. What we have learned, and this is also what the experts tell us - is that fast weight loss is not a good thing. It almost always comes back, it's much more difficult to KEEP off, and it can also lead to health problems which can range from hair loss to kidney damage, or gallbladder removal. That is why this site exists, to help promote safe and long lasting weight loss. There ARE a lot of diets to choose from, but not all diets are recommended. The use of products such as TrimSpa do nothing to teach healthy eating habits or promote safe weight loss. It's not a matter of just losing the weight any way you can, then battling maintenance when you get there. Please take a look at our Maintainers forum, or read the book Thin for Life by Anne Fletcher. There have been a lot of studies done on people that have lost weight and kept it off, and they all did it through a healthy diet and exercise program - not through pills.

Regarding the comments about ANS, it is my opinion and observation that women don't envy her, and they are not jealous of her. Most people either dislike her because of her reputation as a gold digger, feel sorry for her because she has serious drug abuse problems and also appears to be easily manipulated, and/or don't trust her because she's a known liar, .... so how can she qualify as a person to "envy" for her weight loss? How did she really lose the weight? People don't trust her, so they are not going to believe her. That's why there are so many people drawing other conclusions about how she lost her weight. She probably DID lose the weight through pills (trimspa and other) and this is most definitely not a recommended way to lose weight. What did she eat every day? What kind of exercise routine did she follow? Her reputation was earned by doing anything for a buck - which TrimSpa gladly provided. It was an incredible marketing move by them, though it doesn't change the quality of their product. There are so many gullible and/or desperate people out there, and companies like TrimSpa are experts at taking advantage of them.

There are a lot of people that have lost weight and kept it off through legitimate, healthy ways, and they are the ones we should be inspired by.

So it DOES matter how we lose the weight. It's all that DOES matter, if we want to be healthy. This isn't a race. It's a journey to good health, and we should expect it to take a while.
Old 01-11-2005, 05:08 PM   #47  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne 3FC
I would like to address this comment Most of the members here have lost weight in the past - sometimes many times over. What we have learned, and this is also what the experts tell us - is that fast weight loss is not a good thing. It almost always comes back, it's much more difficult to KEEP off, and it can also lead to health problems which can range from hair loss to kidney damage, or gallbladder removal. That is why this site exists, to help promote safe and long lasting weight loss. There ARE a lot of diets to choose from, but not all diets are recommended. The use of products such as TrimSpa do nothing to teach healthy eating habits or promote safe weight loss. It's not a matter of just losing the weight any way you can, then battling maintenance when you get there. Please take a look at our Maintainers forum, or read the book Thin for Life by Anne Fletcher. There have been a lot of studies done on people that have lost weight and kept it off, and they all did it through a healthy diet and exercise program - not through pills.

Regarding the comments about ANS, it is my opinion and observation that women don't envy her, and they are not jealous of her. Most people either dislike her because of her reputation as a gold digger, feel sorry for her because she has serious drug abuse problems and also appears to be easily manipulated, and/or don't trust her because she's a known liar, .... so how can she qualify as a person to "envy" for her weight loss? How did she really lose the weight? People don't trust her, so they are not going to believe her. That's why there are so many people drawing other conclusions about how she lost her weight. She probably DID lose the weight through pills (trimspa and other) and this is most definitely not a recommended way to lose weight. What did she eat every day? What kind of exercise routine did she follow? Her reputation was earned by doing anything for a buck - which TrimSpa gladly provided. It was an incredible marketing move by them, though it doesn't change the quality of their product. There are so many gullible and/or desperate people out there, and companies like TrimSpa are experts at taking advantage of them.

There are a lot of people that have lost weight and kept it off through legitimate, healthy ways, and they are the ones we should be inspired by.

So it DOES matter how we lose the weight. It's all that DOES matter, if we want to be healthy. This isn't a race. It's a journey to good health, and we should expect it to take a while.
Bravo! Well said.

I would be envious of ANS IF her loss was ligit and NOT a publicity stunt. I know how hard it is to lose weight and keep it off. I commend anyone who does it in a real and healthy way!
Old 01-11-2005, 05:20 PM   #48  

Thank you Suzanne, for the decent responce...
I just got on here and asked some questions about trimspa.. and said something about ans and get all this hatred bashing name calling responce..and then have to defend myself.. this site (I hope) is not about what I have seen so far about.. . I do know there is no magic weight loss, but good heathly eating, and controling your intake.. and of course exercise.. I thought i might try it to see if it might help lose some more.. (like probley some of the people has probley already tried..) I just dont think the bashing and name calling was called for.. if you dont like her.. then so be it.. but calling her a ho, and other bad names I think was probley uncalled for..
Old 01-11-2005, 06:14 PM   #49  
it's always something

Thanks, fribbit. We all are concerned about the impression these products leave on the public, and how they distort the realities of weight loss. Our own surveys have shown that people only buy these products because they simply believe the advertisement claims and don't do their research. So, we did our research on TrimSpa and posted it on the main site, it's HERE if anyone would like to read it. And on that note, I think we've covered as much as we can here, so we'll close this thread.
Closed Thread