Recumbant exercise bikes?

• Can anyone tell me if they know of a very reasonably priced recumbant exercise bike that will accommodate more than 275 pounds? And, also, are they effective at strengthening both the thighs and calves? Desperate for info! Thanks!
  • My fiancee and I purchased a recumbent exercise bicycle about a year ago from Academy. It was $175 as I recall and I LOVE it. I am currently 290 lbs and it is very comfortable for me to use. I get too sore using a regular bicycle so this bike was a real life saver for me. It also has a digital readout that tells you mph, calories burned, distance ridden, etc.
  • Thanks for the info! Much appreciated! Do you happen to know the website for Academy? I'm not familiar with them at all!
  • Sure, it's http://www.academy.com/. It's a sporting goods store we have all over Houston. I'm not sure what other cities they are in but you might be able to order the bike on the web.

Good luck!
  • I appreciate the response!

Unfortuantely, there is not a store near by. And it looks like I can't order it online, but I will double check.

Would you mind giving me the make and model of the bike? I am planning on buying it on Friday, and would sure apprecaite it!

Thanks for all your help!
  • Hi again!

Sorry, I keep forgetting to check on the make & model for you. Having 2 jobs makes me forgetful sometimes. I will try to remember to check tonight. You might also check on ebay and see if anyone is selling one in your area.
  • The make and model of my bike is a Keys Fitness CM525R.