Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 05-18-2019, 11:00 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 158/ 147/ 128

Height: 5'4"

Default Huel!

Hi all! [First--I'm not selling anything] I'm new here and wanted to share about the #1 thing thats been helping me hit my calorie and weight loss goals this time around... HUEL! It's a product made by a British company that is NOT specifically for dieting or weight loss, but actually is meant to be a sustainable, vegan, complete nutrition food source that has minimal waste and is super convenient.

The company's founder intended the product to be fast and easy to prepare and to provide all of your daily nutrients (or just for one meal) and *not* to be particularly delicious as he has identified cheap, salt, fat, and sugar crammed foods that are so easily available and that we get addicted to as one of the key components in the escalating issues we're facing with overweight and obesity rates in the UK and US, etc.

ANYWAY, I just wanted to share how much it has been helping me with my calorie deficit goals. I have a history with eating disorders, so it's really important or me to maintain my mental balance, and being hungry and getting that desperate feeling between meals and having repetitive thoughts about food is really unhealthy for me. Huel has REALLY helped me because I stay full between meals and I don't have all the stress around shopping, cooking, cleaning up, obsessing over how many calories in each component of each meal, and the peace of mind in knowing that I am getting both the calories and the nutrients I need.

I am currently focused on a 500 calorie/day calorie deficit, so eating between 1450-1650 calories per day with the goal of losing 1-2lbs per week. I also follow a 3 hours eating schedule, alternating meals and snacks, which again helps me to not get so hungry that I risk binging or other unhealthy behaviors.

My regular diet basically looks like this:

7am breakfast
400 cals Huel

10am
100 cals snack

1pm lunch
400 cals Huel

4pm
100 cals snack

7pm dinner
400 cals "real" food

This is a baseline of 1400 calories and allows for additions like adding berries or matcha to the Huel, or to have a 120-130 cal snack if I want, or to have a low cal drink or two on the weekend (I know this does not support my weight loss--but it's social and I want to allow for it in my diet).

So far I have been using Huel 2 meals per day for 4 weeks and have lost about 10lbs. It is the first time in many years that I have lost weight in a healthy, sustainable way, and I am just so thankful for the product I feel compelled to share about it. I'm basically a super fan and hoping to find some others who are using the product or interested in chatting about it!!
myleanbaby is offline   Reply With Quote